Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Something to remind you of those balmy 70's summers!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Innocent? Apparently not so it appears

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
yes i have fond memories of going to the goldstone with 35p in my pocket and coming home with pocket fulls of loose change donated by the away fans , you could always bank on a bit more when we were playing a london club , flash gits even luzzed 50p's , you knew when Northern clubs were in town they were still luzzing Thruppeny bits and you were lucky to break even

yes i have fond memories of going to the goldstone with 35p in my pocket and coming home with pocket fulls of loose change donated by the away fans , you could always bank on a bit more when we were playing a london club , flash gits even luzzed 50p's , you knew when Northern clubs were in town they were still luzzing Thruppeny bits and you were lucky to break even

One against Palace c1979 was particularly nasty

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Before home computers, mobile phones, internet and social media.

Life was much more innocent and carefree.

Constant reminder of how seriously low IQ 'entertainment' was the muppet-norm in those days. :tosser:

Thank CHRIST for Roxy Music, T.Rex, Sex Pistols and The Clash. Saved an entire DECADE from worthlessness :bowdown:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I wish I could go back to the seventies. Today I have driven through India, Africa, various Muslim countries and Eastern Europe, where as in the seventies it would have been known as East London.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Constant reminder of how seriously low IQ 'entertainment' was the muppet-norm in those days. :tosser:

Thank CHRIST for Roxy Music, T.Rex, Sex Pistols and The Clash. Saved an entire DECADE from worthlessness :bowdown:

And Bowie, Cockney Rebel, The Jam, and Robert Nesta Marley,more divetse good music in the seventies than any other decade

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wish I could go back to the seventies. Today I have driven through India, Africa, various Muslim countries and Eastern Europe, where as in the seventies it would have been known as East London.

Was the 'S' at the end of your username, a typo?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Was the 'S' at the end of your username, a typo?

Oh very good, more of that razor sharp wit again. Until you have lived in London and seen the changes and just what it is like to live here now then you cannot really comment. Its like me telling you about Brighton, all I know is the odd seaside trip and away days.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A light-hearted thread about The Wurzels descends into accusations of racism. NSC at its finest.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh very good, more of that razor sharp wit again. Until you have lived in London and seen the changes and just what it is like to live here now then you cannot really comment. Its like me telling you about Brighton, all I know is the odd seaside trip and away days.

How does a thread starting with the wurzles end in a race row? Oh yeah 'cos this board is filling up with prats like you. Take it somewhere else yeah mate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How does a thread starting with the wurzles end in a race row? Oh yeah 'cos this board is filling up with prats like you. Take it somewhere else yeah mate.

Exactly my point.

The threads that are actually ABOUT immigration, etc are surely opportunity enough for those that see fit, to drone on and on about the same tired stuff? Let's keep the rest of the board free of it, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here