Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 Things We Learnt this weekend after the draw with Charlton

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Double Dunk, Double Igor.
Should have won that one i think.
Here's another of my Buzzfeeds rounding up the best tweets, pix, quotes and thoughts from yesterday's Amex draw.
Thanks again in advance for all the kind words about them. Really appreciated.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jems2/16-things-brighton-fans-learnt-after-the-home-draw-f8gc

Also many of the ideas and links are sourced from contributors on here. So very grateful for that.

PS: i normally get a couple of things wrong so please point those out and i'll correct/fix.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks as always for these. It's part of my Sunday to read your buzz feed.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Thanks Jem - Sunday used to be about Turn It Up, now you're contributing to my day of rest with 16 Things...Excellent work.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Double Dunk, Double Igor.
Should have won that one i think.
Here's another of my Buzzfeeds rounding up the best tweets, pix, quotes and thoughts from yesterday's Amex draw.
Thanks again in advance for all the kind words about them. Really appreciated.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jems2/16-things-brighton-fans-learnt-after-the-home-draw-f8gc

Also many of the ideas and links are sourced from contributors on here. So very grateful for that.

PS: i normally get a couple of things wrong so please point those out and i'll correct/fix.

Must say your Buzzfeeds are great...we could've won that game....if...and I say IF our shot takers,instead of just lashing at the ball,kept their head over the ball and kept the shot down,we must have had lots of shots that sailed into row Z, but that is a minor thing,Lewis Dunk was immense,how do these sponsors who watch the game cannot see who was defending and passing and scoring the first goal not name him MOTM is beyond me.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Lots of info in one place, without the inevitable digression and angst in so many of the threads.

Good read thanks

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brilliant, thanks [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION].

I learned a load reading that. Some really great pictures, too.

Always worth reading, if errs a bit too much on the rose-tinted - should have won? Hardly, we were caught by Charlton's smart counterattacking tactics and only got out of jail only with some unexpected set piece strength.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Always worth reading, if errs a bit too much on the rose-tinted - should have won? Hardly, we were caught by Charlton's smart counterattacking tactics and only got out of jail only with some unexpected set piece strength.

By contrast LI, your specs are always doom-tinted. I'm not sure if it is to try to demonstrate to us inferior beings that you undertsand the game that bit better than us all, but you will always take the anti-Albion standpoint, in every such debate.

We had TWENTY attempts at goal. Charlton had FOUR. Fair play to Charlton for defending well, and for making the most of their clear chances, but of course we should have won. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

We dominated play. Acknowledged Charlton had Igor which was difference . And said we didn't make our possession count. Rose tinted. ? Stripe tinted ? Definitely :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
By contrast LI, your specs are always doom-tinted. I'm not sure if it is to try to demonstrate to us inferior beings that you undertsand the game that bit better than us all, but you will always take the anti-Albion standpoint, in every such debate.

We had TWENTY attempts at goal. Charlton had FOUR. Fair play to Charlton for defending well, and for making the most of their clear chances, but of course we should have won. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Agreed. Bit more composure in front of goal, and a bit better decision making for the final ball and wheel win........

We dominated play. Acknowledged Charlton had Igor which was difference . And said we didn't make our possession count. Rose tinted. ? Stripe tinted ? Definitely :)

Not for me - possession stats are a relatively meaningless indicator if a team scores early and opts to defend deep and counterattack. That's not domination, that's actually Charlton's tactics dictating play. They would be happy with their efforts, in open play they nullified us and Peeters would be entitled to think his team could defend corners better next time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Teams that deserve to win tend not to start time wasting after fifteen minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here