Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The team seems different this year

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
The team seemed to be relaxed yesterday and i think that i was as well. I enjoyed the fact that no one hit the panic button.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Most enjoyment I've had in a long time. Even at 1-2 I was having a better time than in many victories last year.

If baldock works out, Tex kicks on etc. then this could be a very exciting season. We're gonna let in more goals, but were gonna score a lot more as well!

el punal

The team seemed to be relaxed yesterday and i think that i was as well. I enjoyed the fact that no one hit the panic button.

In each of the 3 home league games we always conceded first. The only time we looked nervous was when we were 2-1 up against Bolton in the closing minutes, when the P.A. announced Bruno as man of the match. Cue Bruno to then make two unforced errors!

But, you're right, this team is showing so much promise and are beginning to look comfortable and confident. I somehow don't think last season's team would have come back twice to level at 2-2, as was the case yesterday. Onwards and upwards! :albion2:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There is a lot of strong charcters in the team almost in the mould of Hyypia himself. Look around and there are leaders everywhere. Greer, Holla, Baldock all captains at previous clubs or ours. Stockdale is very vocal and seems like a charcter as well. Players are tecnical but also strong charcters. Leads to no panic at any point. Even at the end the players were probing for the opening not sending 60 yard balls down the pitch.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
For me, there appears to be more freedom to attack. Also the fear seems to have disappeared, when we went behind last few years, there was a real feeling that we had lost.

Also, yes the team has changed greatly and now with maybe the exception upfront (need to gel) we seem to be more confident and will be a force to be reckoned with.

Very exciting times.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
They do certainly seem more united as a group. I am not sure why but there has felt like a lot of tension around the place since the last few months of Poyet's reign and all through last season.

The players looked like they were enjoying the contest yesterday which is a good sign that all is settling down off the field at last.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All of the above. If you listen to Stockdale's post match interview on the radio yesterday he basically confirms as much. Seems like we've got a gelled, happy and confident dressing room which given the number of recent recruits is quite a feat really and says an awful lot about Sami's leadership. Good signs, let's hope we kick on.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What stuck out for me was Lualua's pass to set up Dunk for the equaliser , he was in the kind of position where he by nature he blasts the ball toward goal or the corner flag yet he picked out a superb cross , going against his natural instinct , i like the way things are shaping up , and the bench we had yesterday gave us so many options to get back into a game , yep there are going to be some unhappy players sitting on the sidelines but the squad is certainly looking good and this mini break will help bed the newbies in .

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Posted this on another thread after yesterday but maybe better here........
it seems to me that there is a lot more togetherness in the changing room -Stockdale having an influence here I think and good to see CMS and Dunk joking together in the prematch warm up. All of this helped by the clear out of Gus's boys. Last season is now becoming clearer - I think we overachieved. Obviously things started to sour between the Ts and Oscar around January, and it looks as if it was decided then to look towards the next season. In other words, excellent forward planning and, in all fairness, a sign of how good Oscar is - getting us to the play offs with little or no backing.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The good thing to see is we've moved passed the stage where the ball is moved near to the goal, but then no one knew what do with it and passed it back and forth until possession was lost. A win is a win, but goodbye to the 1-0 games hopefully.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
"But, you're right, this team is showing so much promise and are beginning to look comfortable and confident. I somehow don't think last season's team would have come back twice to level at 2-2, as was the case yesterday. Onwards and upwards! :albion2:[/QUOTE]

Don't say anything like that, I said that to my mate in the queue for a beer afterwards and got tongue lashed by one of the Supporters Club luminaries who interrupted from a neighbouring queue. After a debate about Poyet, it was implied that I was a JCL. I am, I've only been coming for 42 years regularly.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Still think we need another striker. A couple of times yesterday there were superb high balls put into the box but with no one on the end of them

I think with what we have we can overcome that. We had a few unseen runs and that gets sorted with a bit of familiarity.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As Sami intimated he hasn't really had time with the group to work on his ideas tactically. Pretty soon it will all click and I think someone will be on the end of an absolute battering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As Sami intimated he hasn't really had time with the group to work on his ideas tactically. Pretty soon it will all click and I think someone will be on the end of an absolute battering.

Blackpool perhaps, on the 20th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here