Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

He must be a tool himself then because he admitted himself he was at fault for the first goal, wrong positioning

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Just because I don't share the same rose tinted opinion as you doe's not and I repeat doe's not make me a tool. In due time he may sway my mind but what I have seen so far I'm really not impressed at all.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He admitted when came that he wasn't match sharp and I think he still looks a little sluggish. But he looked brilliant at times with Fulham and I'm sure as the season unfolds he will sharpen up. Sounds like he's his own worst critic but he and Anti will obviously work hard to clear the rust. Looks like he could do with one of those matches with shots and crosses from all directions to get him back in the groove.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
Stockdale coming up for the corner seemed to give the atmosphere a huge boost. Just after that, we equalised. Scientists are unsure as to whether the two incidents are link.

He has also already completed more passes than PIG managed in 2 years.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not seen Stockdale have to make a save really, but that's actually quite good because it means we are having most of the play.
There is one thing I love about Stockdale and that's his distribution. He seems to be able to pick the right throw, pass which puts the other team on the back foot.

I actually prefer him to TK and think he is going to turn out to be a great keeper.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Just saw FLS, as he admits he should have done better. Hopefully he'll improve. After a few saves/shot stoppers he'll prevail. I'm keeping the faith

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
How can he be stated as the best keeper we've had when he hasn't made a save yet?

Indeed. Not sure why people are so desperate to pass judgment already. There really is very little to discuss. He hasn't had much of a chance to make an impression either way as we've conceded so few chances so far this season. Not exactly his fault.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just because I don't share the same rose tinted opinion as you doe's not and I repeat doe's not make me a tool. In due time he may sway my mind but what I have seen so far I'm really not impressed at all.

So what has he done wrong to make you think he isn't a good keeper? or is it purely down to the fact that he has had very little to do in the way of making saves only because there have been so few efforts by the opposition for him to have to do anything. How many shots on target has he actually faced this season?

So far all the goals seem to be ones that any goalkeeper wouldn't have been able to do anything about, just because they went in doesn't make him poor. How about we wait until he has efforts that require a good save before people slag him off? (not necessarily you in the quoted post, but there have been some posts on here)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who slags him off is a tool. He is the best keeper we have had for many a year.

He was not at fault for either goal today and has far more class than TK. We have some seriously deluded fans.

So far he has been comfortably poorer than Kusz. But it's early days and we should give him time.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
TK was absolute class and it's only fickle morons who say otherwise.

Stockdale has had an inauspicious start, but it's early days. He might get better.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
So what has he done wrong to make you think he isn't a good keeper? or is it purely down to the fact that he has had very little to do in the way of making saves only because there have been so few efforts by the opposition for him to have to do anything. How many shots on target has he actually faced this season?

So far all the goals seem to be ones that any goalkeeper wouldn't have been able to do anything about, just because they went in doesn't make him poor. How about we wait until he has efforts that require a good save before people slag him off? (not necessarily you in the quoted post, but there have been some posts on here)

A great post G F. Agree 100% with your comments, the rest of you anti Stockdale brigade need to read and digest his article.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

I disagree - but I'm not saying he's poor - more like he's average and the difference is with TK I felt he was going to save attempts especially basic shots, his positioning was spot on and he stopped some very good attempts. I don't get that with Stockdale yet, everything I have seen I felt he could have done better starting with the Soton match.

TK scared the life out of me with his kicking though! And I like Stockdale coming up for corners when we need a goal so not all bad

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A great post G F. Agree 100% with your comments, the rest of you anti Stockdale brigade need to read and digest his article.

I don't think it's a case of anti-Stockers, because surely we all want him to do as well as he can.

It's more that he should have done better yesterday on both goals, so inevitably that will draw criticism and comparison.

When he signed I was pleased, and despite yesterday you don't become a bad player overnight, he'll come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here