Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Football League Show

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Their weirdest one yet. 'We'll see how Brighton got on against an in-form Charlton' apparently means we'll show the same minimal footage as usual, allow the increasingly annoying Manish to make a pun on Lewis Dunk's name and apply no analysis because we have to move on to talk about the other games that we haven't trailed.

D

Deleted User X18H

Is it pre- recorded ? If so it could be clever regional editing to keep you watching . For instance Middlesborough or Ipswich fans might get the same intro in their area, flagging up their team.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unfashionable Wigan 4-0 were on last.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Unfashionable Wigan 4-0 were on last.

They tend to determine the running order of the goals round-up by league position, so after the 2 matches with highlights and Clem's trip to Carrow Road, they tended to focus on teams near the top of the table first, whereas Wigan and Birmingham both started the day in the bottom half of the table. The same thing happened with League Two. Cambridge thrashed Carlisle but they were last in the round-up because they were both in the bottom half.

D

Deleted member 18477

What was Gordan Greer doing for their second goal? He got DONE!

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
I was hoping to see a replay of their penalty shout - couldn't see it clearly enough from where I sit. Spoke to a couple of CAFC fans afterwards - seemed convinced it was a stonewall pen (unsurprisingly perhaps)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its BBC what else did you expect
if they could have squeezes MU in in somehow they would
I have always said it someone in the BBC does not like the Albion

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Their weirdest one yet. 'We'll see how Brighton got on against an in-form Charlton' apparently means we'll show the same minimal footage as usual, allow the increasingly annoying Manish to make a pun on Lewis Dunk's name and apply no analysis because we have to move on to talk about the other games that we haven't trailed.

It was bizarre. It was trailed in the same fashion as the other games they showed extended highlights for - yet all we got were the goals, plus the save just after they scored the first, with no analysis.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
The BBC have a love-in with Poyet. Ever since his 'live on air' sacking it seems that we've gone from getting every mention under the sun to being pointedly ignored analysis-wise, which is likely an editorial directive. I guess someone at the club and at the BBC sports dept fell out badly around that time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Maybe they could introduce a 10 minute feature of Manish grooming himself and then being squeezed into one of his tight fitting shiny designer shirts by Leroy Rosenior while Steve Claridge shines his shoes before they go on air.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
its BBC what else did you expect
if they could have squeezes MU in in somehow they would
I have always said it someone in the BBC does not like the Albion

Would love to have known how many times MU losing to MK Dons was mentioned?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I was hoping to see a replay of their penalty shout - couldn't see it clearly enough from where I sit. Spoke to a couple of CAFC fans afterwards - seemed convinced it was a stonewall pen (unsurprisingly perhaps)

Saw the highlights on the screen after the game. The first one in that move was definitely a penalty. I think it was Vetokele was pulled down by someone whilst shielding the ball. However, the referee made the correct call booking Church as he did dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here