Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Born again early leaver

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I decided that I would stay to the end of games this season, in the past I have left around the 85th minute.
I have changed my approach to leaving the ground, as I now stay for a pie and a drink and then walk down to the station and catch the Lewes train just after 5:30 and what revelation! We walk straight onto the platform and also get a seat on the train, luxury.
Then the best part of the day, we were entering into injury time and we had won a corner, I looked around the ground to see fans heading for the exits and then Lewis Dunk stepped up and headed the ball into the net, what a feeling. I missed a lot of injury time goals by not being in the ground and hearing the cheer from outside the ground and it simply does not compare with actually being in the ground when the ball hits the back of the net. So this season I have decided to bump this thread every time we score after the 85th to see how many goals I would have missed needlessly by leaving early.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kind of a statement of the bleeding obvious, but glad you've seen the light. Spread the word. Goals in the 88th and after minute count the same as those in the preceding 87 mins..........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I stay in my seat till the end of the game now, then take a slow walk up to the bus stop on Village Way. I tend to spend about twenty minutes there, but most of that is spent looking at the football updates on my smartphone. I think if a lot of people who left early (I know some have to) asked themselves 'why the hurry ? Just chill' they would stay.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was disgusted to see the exodus begin on 84 minutes today. Need a couple of sniper nests outside to pick off these :tosser:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I still find it funny how people commit over half the day to attend a football match, only to leave before its conclusion to get home slightly quicker XD

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
People here in the Prostate Stand were leaving after that corner was given, but not yet taken!!

What absolute tunnocks!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I decided that I would stay to the end of games this season, in the past I have left around the 85th minute.
I have changed my approach to leaving the ground, as I now stay for a pie and a drink and then walk down to the station and catch the Lewes train just after 5:30 and what revelation! We walk straight onto the platform and also get a seat on the train, luxury.

Erm, I left on the final whistle, walked straight onto the platform and caught the 1701 to Lewes. The queues are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I still find it funny how people commit over half the day to attend a football match, only to leave before its conclusion to get home slightly quicker XD

Leaving 4 or 5 min before the end of the match (typically on 88-90min) saves me a minimum of 35min on my journey time back to London.

Been to roughly half of matches at the Amex. Missed one important goal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As we were entering the last 5 minutes of the game, I sat there and watched as there was a football match going on, I enjoyed it.

I don't pay attention to when other fans leave.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rocket science it is not. Most United fans would have missed the majority of their title winning goals through the Fergie years if they had adopted the stupidly some show at our games. Why bother coming if you're going to bugger off before the end.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rocket science it is not. Most United fans would have missed the majority of their title winning goals through the Fergie years if they had adopted the stupidly some show at our games. Why bother coming if you're going to bugger off before the end.

...or go to get a pie on 40 mins

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Exactly this. And if I'd not made the 17.01, the next one was 10 mins later.

With 5 minutes to go, a guy in a Liverpool FC t shirt with his partner left and I shouted ''5 minutes to go''. His friend grinned, he carried on towards the exit unsmiling and I thought.......................................................................................
We can do without absolute tw*ts like him, just stay away for good and don't come back.
He was sitting in the NW corner four rows down from the back in case he returns and anyone wishes to personally lynch this f*ckwit.
I might.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The first year at the Amex a old chap who sat in front of me in WSU would leave up to 25 minutes before the end. Those around soon cottoned on to this and we used to have a wager to the time he left. About 10 of us would guess the time. Others around were aware and one chap become the adjudicator. Any way we had a three game roll over so with the now large kitty of £30 we awaited his leaving. It was me. To a standing ovation of those around I received my winnings.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
You're either ironic or an absolute tw*t of the highest order.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt !
Three years...................................eh.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Erm, I left on the final whistle, walked straight onto the platform and caught the 1701 to Lewes. The queues are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

Ok for some. I had to wait until 1705 for a train back to Brighton - a whole 12 minutes after leaving my seat in WSL.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's better for the carpark queues if people do start filing out early. As long as they don't shove past me, to get to the aisle and spoil my view.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ok for some. I had to wait until 1705 for a train back to Brighton - a whole 12 minutes after leaving my seat in WSL.

Counselling is the only answer for you I'm afraid

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What we need is like the water breaks, in hot climates, 90 second break in the game at forty minutes, so those sad bustards who can't sit still for 45 minutes can go and get their pints, pies or a piss, without the rest of us having to keep missing bits of the game, by standing up , and sitting down again continually for about ten minutes. If they still insist on going outside the 90 second break, the people they make stand up, should be allowed to kick them. Those leaving early, should have 90 seconds, at 80 minutes with the same sanction as the half time early leavers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here