Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

69 shots in 4 games

3 Not allowed!
    Starting at Leeds away, we have amassed 69 shots. That's just brilliant.

It shows to me the quality and potential this team has. We have also scored 10 in 4 games so that's just a sign of what we can achieve once the team gels in the coming weeks.

Really looking forward to this season and finally we have a team Sami can call his own. This my friends is the seeds being sown for a fruitful season

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Now lets just sit back any wait for:-

'well why haven't we scored 69 goals'.

Because lets face it no Brighton strike is allowed to ever miss a chance.
      Somehow they are expected to be the very best the game has ever produced, all the while playing second division football.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members

10 Not allowed!
      I was bored for most of last season. I really enjoyed the game today even there is still work to do - at least we are being positive.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mayonaise View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was bored for most of last season. I really enjoyed the game today even there is still work to do - at least we are being positive.
      Exactly. The few games so far has been more entertaining than most of last seasons droll fest

0 Not allowed!
      Agreed, and it seems to me that there is a lot more togetherness in the changing room -Stockdale having an influence here I think and good to see CMS and Dunk joking together in the prematch warm up. All of this helped by the clear out of Gus's boys. Last season is now becoming clearer - I think we overachieved. Obviously things started to sour between the Ts and Oscar around January, and it looks as if it was decided then to look towards the next season. In other words, excellent forward planning and, in all fairness, a sign of how good Oscar is - getting us to the play offs with little or no backing.
      "Football is a pleasure that hurts" - Eduardo Galeano

0 Not allowed!
      I think your right. I have enjoyed the football immensely over the past few weeks. This team really does not know each other yet but the signs are when they gel we will be a very good side.
      Today Charlton's CF took his chances and fair play to him. But no matter what the result was today i think i would have walked out up beat as the signs on the pitch are very positive.

0 Not allowed!
      As has been proven we look like scoring even though we have conceded. We might become the comeback kings
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      If I have to take a draw I'll take a 2-2 draw over some of the 0-0 draws we have seen in the past couple of seasons, certainly. Reality is that we are going to let far more goals in this season because most of the time we have two or three people in defence, as opposed to the four or five we have had in seasons past. But we're going to score more, too, and although I haven't seen the stats I'm not sure that Charlton had that many chances, let alone shots on target. I think that this bodes very well for the rest of the season.

0 Not allowed!
      I enjoyed the game. Person behind me was DISGUSTED every time we didn't score, calling the players stupid. Very annoying. They also didn't understand the concept of perspective - ie what looks possibly from the corner of the North/East stand like an advanced position when attacking the goal at the South end is actually about 40 yards from goal and laughing mockingly and groaning when we pass the ball from that position instead of shooting is not very perceptive.
      Falmer here we come

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Now lets just sit back any wait for:-

'well why haven't we scored 69 goals'.

Because lets face it no Brighton strike is allowed to ever miss a chance.
      Somehow they are expected to be the very best the game has ever produced, all the while playing second division football.
      Spot on post. Can't keep everybody happy on here it seems. Everyone is allowed their opinion but it is always the usual suspects that moan about everything.