Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 69 shots in 4 games

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Starting at Leeds away, we have amassed 69 shots. That's just brilliant.

It shows to me the quality and potential this team has. We have also scored 10 in 4 games so that's just a sign of what we can achieve once the team gels in the coming weeks.

Really looking forward to this season and finally we have a team Sami can call his own. This my friends is the seeds being sown for a fruitful season :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now lets just sit back any wait for:-

'well why haven't we scored 69 goals'.

Because lets face it no Brighton strike is allowed to ever miss a chance.
Somehow they are expected to be the very best the game has ever produced, all the while playing second division football.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I was bored for most of last season. I really enjoyed the game today even there is still work to do - at least we are being positive.

Exactly. The few games so far has been more entertaining than most of last seasons droll fest

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Agreed, and it seems to me that there is a lot more togetherness in the changing room -Stockdale having an influence here I think and good to see CMS and Dunk joking together in the prematch warm up. All of this helped by the clear out of Gus's boys. Last season is now becoming clearer - I think we overachieved. Obviously things started to sour between the Ts and Oscar around January, and it looks as if it was decided then to look towards the next season. In other words, excellent forward planning and, in all fairness, a sign of how good Oscar is - getting us to the play offs with little or no backing.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think your right. I have enjoyed the football immensely over the past few weeks. This team really does not know each other yet but the signs are when they gel we will be a very good side.
Today Charlton's CF took his chances and fair play to him. But no matter what the result was today i think i would have walked out up beat as the signs on the pitch are very positive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As has been proven we look like scoring even though we have conceded. We might become the comeback kings

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If I have to take a draw I'll take a 2-2 draw over some of the 0-0 draws we have seen in the past couple of seasons, certainly. Reality is that we are going to let far more goals in this season because most of the time we have two or three people in defence, as opposed to the four or five we have had in seasons past. But we're going to score more, too, and although I haven't seen the stats I'm not sure that Charlton had that many chances, let alone shots on target. I think that this bodes very well for the rest of the season.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I enjoyed the game. Person behind me was DISGUSTED every time we didn't score, calling the players stupid. Very annoying. They also didn't understand the concept of perspective - ie what looks possibly from the corner of the North/East stand like an advanced position when attacking the goal at the South end is actually about 40 yards from goal and laughing mockingly and groaning when we pass the ball from that position instead of shooting is not very perceptive.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Somehow they are expected to be the very best the game has ever produced, all the while playing second division football.

Spot on post. Can't keep everybody happy on here it seems. Everyone is allowed their opinion but it is always the usual suspects that moan about everything.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Weird as it sounds, if we finish lower than 6th I won't be that disheartened.

It kinda feels like the early days of Poyet' reign.

We're not quite there but you kinda know something is brewing. That's my feeling anyway

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Weird as it sounds, if we finish lower than 6th I won't be that disheartened.

It kinda feels like the early days of Poyet' reign.

We're not quite there but you kinda know something is brewing. That's my feeling anyway

Funny you should say that. As we were leaving, after the game, I said to one of my mates, "We may not make top 6 this season but I'm really enjoying the football this season".

In the past when we went one down, the best we could hope for was a draw. Now we just think "Oh well, we should get one back in a minute".

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing that stuck me today, towards the end of the first half, was a realisation that we hadn't had many, if any, highlights.

We had all the possession, and a fair few crazy shots, but not many clear cut chances.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, in recent seasons the possession stats have not reflected in many shots, often single figures.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Not a hint of negativity, why try and provoke people?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Funny you should say that. As we were leaving, after the game, I said to one of my mates, "We may not make top 6 this season but I'm really enjoying the football this season".

In the past when we went one down, the best we could hope for was a draw. Now we just think "Oh well, we should get one back in a minute".

Yep. It's not nice going behind so quickly but we almost equalised straight away. We didn't let our heads drop at all.

Sami has a team of real depth to tinker with which is such a good luxury

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My thoughts exactly.

On topic, this season certainly looks like it might be more exciting than last season, especially if we arent giving up after we go 1-0 down unlike previous seasons.

Absolutely mate, I came away today absolutely buzzing. If we play at this tempo all season we'll have fun, we might not win them all but we'll be entertained. Happy days :)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Really enjoying the football this season. Like others have said, I don't feel we are doomed if we conceded a goal. The new players seem class and I can only see it getting better once they have had a chance to jell. I think the international break may have come at a good time for us. Feeling very positive about the albion, I have no prediction of where we will end up, but I think it's going to be exciting to watch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here