Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at the Amex

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought it was buzzing with positivity throughout. Thought the noise was impressive, the goals conceded didn't deflate the atmosphere and I can't remember feeling as positive after going behind before at the Amex. There seems to be a real feel good factor returning and I for one am very pleased. Enjoyed the game no end today.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Agree - seriously think the hash up of GOSBTS helped at the beginning - got the old voice boxes warmed up nicely

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The GOSBTS thing was intentional then? I thought it was something up with the PA system!

Atmosphere was good though. It helps that you think there might be a goal any minute.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought it was average, same as it always is, and pretty pitiful for the size of the home support. Can't see it ever changing into a Cauldron Of Noise. It is what it is :shrug:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Really? Genuinely thought it was poor from wsl south end. North didn't sound as loud as usual

Charlton were poor too considering 2000 of them. 80% sat down and only few singing at back. Gobby shites too

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought it was average, same as it always is, and pretty pitiful for the size of the home support. Can't see it ever changing into a Cauldron Of Noise. It is what it is :shrug:

Interesting take on today. I'm in the north and in the west side so I guess it depends where you are but today was pretty much non stop as far as I'm concerned. I think it could be a really fantastic atmosphere if the club sacked the safety team and properly managed the stewards. It's not the stewards fault, they are directed to do what they do but the continuous grief regarding standing really does subdue the atmosphere. Need proper football people running things and the atmosphere would take off I reckon.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the Charlton board they thought it was a 'pathetic effort' from the home support.
Mind you The Valley isn't a couldron of noise is it.
However, if it was poor today (I was not there) then what is the excuse now because we now have attacking football, lots of chances created, coming back from losing, nice crispy passing etc etc.
So whats the problem now then.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Really? Genuinely thought it was poor from wsl south end. North didn't sound as loud as usual

Charlton were poor too considering 2000 of them. 80% sat down and only few singing at back. Gobby shites too

Seems a little harsh on Charlton. I normally sit in the North but today was in a 1901 box. Charlton were pretty loud and even those sitting joined in with their songs. I agree they had a few gobby shites as well. WSU seemed to have a fairly decent voice in the 2nd half. The North seemed pretty subdued until the later stages which was a shame.
Having watched from afar the for the 1st time the divide of 2 sets of people singing is very noticeable in the North and damages the atmosphere. There is 4k of people in there and in 1 voice would sound impressive. It is a shame it is not

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the Charlton board they thought it was a 'pathetic effort' from the home support.
However, if it was poor today (I was not there) then what is the excuse now because we now have attacking football, lots of chances created, coming back from losing, nice crispy passing etc etc.

See above

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'd have loved the day out and been full of praise for all things Brighton, had they held onto the win.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting take on today. I'm in the north and in the west side so I guess it depends where you are but today was pretty much non stop as far as I'm concerned. I think it could be a really fantastic atmosphere if the club sacked the safety team and properly managed the stewards. It's not the stewards fault, they are directed to do what they do but the continuous grief regarding standing really does subdue the atmosphere. Need proper football people running things and the atmosphere would take off I reckon.

Well I'm in North Stand to the left of the goal (N1G) and it was no louder or quieter than it ever is. Which is pretty quiet. Tho not as quiet as the whole of the WSU. Even being generous and putting it down to acoustics, that is not a noisy stadium by any stretch of the imagination, and is never going to be.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Put Away supporters next to the north and you wouldn't get such comments from visiting fans. Unusual to have the vocal home support so far from the away section. Have to say that the split in the north doesn't help but genuinely believed today was a good atmosphere. Do we expect too much? What other clubs genuinely have a fantastic atmosphere? Stoke used to at one time but who else? Leeds when they are decent perhaps.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Having watched from afar the for the 1st time the divide of 2 sets of people singing is very noticeable in the North and damages the atmosphere. There is 4k of people in there and in 1 voice would sound impressive. It is a shame it is not

Perhaps some means of keeping the two sets in time could be found?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

Yeah I thought it was awful in the WSU, it was like a library IMO. Like I said in another thread, it was one of the worst games atmosphere wise in the 3 years of the Amex! Granted from around 60mins on it was better at times when we were urging the team forward.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

It isn't that. From the NW you have literally no idea what the rest of the north is doing. Nothing will change until all of our singers congregate somewhere that is conducive to a good atmosphere, because the north simply isn't.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
I went for the first time this season and was in South west corner. I though the atmosphere was dreadful. Barely heard any singing from Albion fans and the Charlton fans were constantly chanting how rubbish our support is. Must all depend on where you sit.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

You would like to think there is a way. It seems a competition almost at times and different songs are sung. If N1A-N1G was all in sync singing the same song the atmosphere would improve around the whole stadium. The North is generally singing a fair bit if the time but different songs so sounds fragmented

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here