Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk and Stockdale

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk was easily MOTM even before the first goal, he's our best player this season by a country mile. On the other hand, Stockdale, has he actually made a save yet since he came to us?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You can't save balls you don't get to. All I have is the tickers -- BBC, Sporting Life, etc -- but it sounds like what's got past him so far this year is a handful of canny shots.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Was thinking stockdale not made a decent save yet, 2 days left of window.. Need a good keeper!

Seriously think he's not all that at the moe ( hope I'm wrong )

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
first goal was a routine save, bit worrying.

He said he was unsighted and that's why he'd stepped to his left. I'd say the shot shouldn't have got through the crowd of players in the first place

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was more irritated by the second goal today. For a split second, as Greer turned the ball was a yard away from the player, and whilst he wouldn't have been able to claim, he should in that second have been able to spread himself to block the shot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We will get a bid for Dunk during January. Stockdale is a great disapointment I expected better IMHO he is definitely not any better if even as good as Kuszczak who would have saved both of those goals today, in fact I think Anksergren would have.

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
Stockdale has been disappointing but generally team shaping up well. Lots of new players today and it showed but first half we were great. I dont recall stockdale making any quality saves

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For a split second, as Greer turned the ball was a yard away from the player, and whilst he wouldn't have been able to claim, he should in that second have been able to spread himself to block the shot.[/QUOTE]

As Henderson did against Colugna.

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
Was thinking stockdale not made a decent save yet, 2 days left of window.. Need a good keeper!

Seriously think he's not all that at the moe ( hope I'm wrong )

This.

1st Goal - should have got a touch, 2nd Goal - didn't cover the angle and make himself big. sorry not convinced I'm afraid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stockdale has had rotten luck with just about all the goals he's conceded. Sod's law, the majority of them have been placed in just about the most difficult place possible for a keeper to save. That luck will even itself out over the course of the season. IMHO he's a definite asset to the side. apart from anything else, if he hadn't come up for the corner at the end - and got his head to it - each subsequent touch in the added time would have taken a completely different course and Dunk more than likely wouldn't have scored.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
We will get a bid for Dunk during January. Stockdale is a great disapointment I expected better IMHO he is definitely not any better if even as good as Kuszczak who would have saved both of those goals today, in fact I think Anksergren would have.

How do you know Kuszczak would have saved? He might have slipped or god knows. What a ridiculous statement. Please can you tell me the lottery numbers for tonight actually while your at it?

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
That's his only contribution ....oh and running round the pitch pre kick off - hugging the players. still not convinced.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's his only contribution ....oh and running round the pitch pre kick off - hugging the players. still not convinced.

That's the kind of gesture that helps build team spirit - and that will take you higher than you have any real right to be. Just ask the double championes Withdean era side. Great to see Colunga and T'Shearer starting to build an understanding also. It's all good.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I was saying during and after the game, Stockdale hasnt really impressed me at all. Thinking about it, I dont think Ive seen him make a save!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A lot of people on here took Kusz MASSIVELY for granted. First half of last season and the whole season before that he was absolutely fantastic. Often kept us in games we should've lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here