Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Caskey

Leo's Goatee

Dec 30, 2013
Under Leo's mouth
Really don't think he is up to this level. No pace, can't defend or head, and very poor going forward, he was very good vs Swindon because that's his level. Gardner, Ince or McCourt need a start next game. I don't know what Hyppia see's in him. Needs to up his game

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Have to agree to be honest, as much as I'd love to see him come good and dominate games.
3 successive managers have now obviously seen something in him tho' ( in training?), so guess there must be something in it???

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Luckily hyypia sees it different. He was competent but unspectacular today which given the job he is asked to do for the team is enough for me.
Don't get why some seem to want him to move on

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
People get frustrated because he sits back (covering the fullbacks) and slows down the pace of the game. That's exactly what he's being told to do, and he's actually doing well. He's adjusted his game to fit into Sami's system. Though he does make more mistakes than he should for this level, and he was our weakest player today.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I think he will be a really good little player for us over the next few years. He is developing well, sometimes he is looking out of depth but I think that is because the class of player is improving around him, more technical players who think quickly. Best way for him to learn is to carry on playing with these guys and it can only aid his development further.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
People get frustrated because he sits back (covering the fullbacks) and slows down the pace of the game. That's exactly what he's being told to do, and he's actually doing well. He's adjusted his game to fit into Sami's system. Though he does make more mistakes than he should for this level, and he was our weakest player today.

Bar the last sentence very well put.
Being asked to do a job and doing it well. Personally Would prefer him further forward

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I thought he had a poor game, gave away possession quite a few times. He's got a good eye for a pass and a decent strike but he's not very composed when under pressure in midfield. I'm sure he'll do some great things this season but he wouldn't be in my starting XI every week.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lacks imagination on the ball and for me he hides in games. The one time he actually broke into a dangerous area he looked completely at a loss as to what he should do with the ball.

Fine as a squad player but with new signings think he will be heading to the bench until he can impose himself on games more

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thought he had a good game today. He broke up a lot of their attacks and his deistribution was pretty good today (everyone mis-places passes from time to time) - Funny how people see matches and players contributions differently.

Maybe if he had cost a couple of million then he would have been rated highly by those moaning about his performance but because he is still learning his game, just breaking into the team and is still young and relatively inexperienced, they have decided to be very anti (as seen in some of the comments above) - Give him a chance, he will be a good player for us for years to come.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's not a bad player at all. A little naive, especially when it comes to picking up silly bookings. He plays a neat, tidy game and links up well. A bright future for him. He is still very young though, I expect him to be dropped for Stephens when he's back. Right now he needs to prove he deserves the shirt ahead Gardner..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here