Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardner?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Crofts ran around a lot but did nothing. Gardner didn't seem to get on the ball much and was pretty anonymous himself.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gardner was light years ahead of Crofts who again for me was dreadful, his head just never looks up he can't pass forward and continues to run down blind alleys in straight lines, Crofts days as a starting 11 regular player for us are over thankfully, the manager knows it and I am suprised people don't see it.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
I didn't think he was too bad. Tracked back well, seems quicker than crofts too.
Can we let him play a few games before we completely write the bloke off?!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Gardner was light years ahead of Crofts who again for me was dreadful, his head just never looks up he can't pass forward and continues to run down blind alleys in straight lines, Crofts days as a starting 11 regular player for us are over thankfully, the manager knows it and I am suprised people don't see it.

People do see it....

A quiet debut yes but Crofts was disappointing

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anonymous when on. Whereas Crofts looked tenacious.

Are you serious about Crofts? He looked totally out of sorts and was responsible for setting them off on their first goal.

Gardner didn't make much of an impression but his first outing? Fella needs a bit of a chance!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Didn't realise JFC was playing today.

Borrowed time IMO.

Tex showed both Crofts and JFC how to get the midfield buzzing. I would imagine both will be sitting down tonight and pondering their future ... I really can't see how either fit in unless they up their game dramatically

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Gardener was very controlled. Covered very well and made good passes and moved it quicker than crofts. Will be an asset for us whilst here. When Stephens returns those 2 and Holla will be a tough 3 to match

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Absolutely THIS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The trouble is Crofts is expected to drift right, which simply he does not have the legs for. Gardner was ok, nothing more. However, I remain mystified that JFC remains in the team, when the centre of midfield is such an apparent weakness.

I would put Crofts where JFC is, switch Bruno back to midfield and bring Caldy in, Gardner an stay on the bench for now.....

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I cant figure out whats wrong. He just doesn't seem to play well in this new system. Our best player last season before his injury but totally gash this time out.
He's a far better player than the one on display at the moment

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tex showed both Crofts and JFC how to get the midfield buzzing. I would imagine both will be sitting down tonight and pondering their future ... I really can't see how either fit in unless they up their game dramatically

But they are completely different players asked to play different roles in the team, how can you compare JFC (in the role he plays for us) to Tex?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here