Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

67th minute Tony Langridge.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi folks

Just thought I would let you know that Lynn, Tony's wife was sat in Tony's seat today, next to me and at half time, Katherine and Kelly joined her( thanks for moving up guys).

Before the game, we said how appropriate it would be if we scored in the 67th minute and blimey, we did just that.

It was extremely emotional around us with people going mad celebrating the first equaliser and then clapping along and seeing Tony's beaming face on the main screen.

Thanks all of you who clapped along and I know it meant so much to the family.

As some of you know , tony was my best friend and his passing has really made us think just how precious and ultimately short life is. It will be very strange not having him next to me, having sat with him for the best part of 10 years and playing in golf society matches for much longer than that. Today felt very emotional but the reaction from the brighton fans was magnificent.

Thanks once again.

All the best to you all

Dave.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
an appropriate send off. RIP Tony.

Dave - you've lost a good friend but have so many good memories.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very true mate

:smile:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Very pleased a goal was scored on 67 minutes, brilliantly fitting.
RIP and sincere condolences to family and friends.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I heard the applause, appropriately when we scored ...........wonderful tribute to a true supporter

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
I still can't believe he ain't about but to score on the 67th minute was fantastic. Tony was looking down and must be credited with an assist!!

What lovely people the Langridge family are, with a generosity of spirit that is really uplifting. It was so good to meet up with them in Dick's Bar before the game.

And a special goal to remember Tony by.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
What lovely people the Langridge family are, with a generosity of spirit that is really uplifting. It was so good to meet up with them in Dick's Bar before the game.

And a special goal to remember Tony by.

Second everything Lord B said.

Warmest wishes to Tony's lovely family who were beyond generous in their conversation with us before the game.

I refuse to believe it was coincidental that the goal came in the 67th minute too! I'll always remember it as a finely timed goal for a very fine friend.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Couldn't believe it was in the 67th minute!
At 66 mins I had a feeling we were going to score and couldn't believe we did.
I had no idea the club were going to put that picture up. From where I was sitting it was lovely to hear the crowd applause when it did though.
Trust the old man to pull something like that out of the bag!! ;)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
loving the fact around us it was a standing ovation

fantastic :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Was a very fitting tribute to score when we did. Even more so, scored by a local lad. Amazing what fate does sometimes

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Even i celebrated that goal today. Typical Tony, probably didn't want all the attention of a whole minutes applause so got his message a cross in a far better way.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Hi folks

Just thought I would let you know that Lynn, Tony's wife was sat in Tony's seat today, next to me and at half time, Katherine and Kelly joined her( thanks for moving up guys).

Before the game, we said how appropriate it would be if we scored in the 67th minute and blimey, we did just that.

It was extremely emotional around us with people going mad celebrating the first equaliser and then clapping along and seeing Tony's beaming face on the main screen.

As some of you know , tony was my best friend and his passing has really made us think just how precious and ultimately short life is. It will be very strange not having him next to me, having sat with him for the best part of 10 years and playing in golf society matches for much longer than that. Today felt very emotional but the reaction from the brighton fans was magnificent.

Thanks once again.

All the best to you all

Dave.

Most importantly, we are glad that you and his wife thought it a fitting tribute. Can't have been easy for you. RIP

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I couldn't believe it myself either, I'm a very cynical person by nature, I was looking at the scoreboard from the 64th minute just waiting to applause , great scenes. And the piece in the programme was good too. Spent some time with @FatLangers before and after the game and as hard as it was going to his first game without his dad he did a great service to Tony and I'm glad, today was more of a good remembrance rather than mourning.

Even though it was sad it also strangely enjoyable, has been a pleasure and even though I feel a sad writing this I don't feel upset, just grateful I suppose, he was a top bloke .

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Hi folks

Thanks once again.

All the best to you all

Dave.

Dave I've sat here thinking how best to respond to this But all I can say how honoured I was to be there
Today making room for the girls and then sharing in the moment as we equalised
Another fine memory to add to our rich roller coaster Albion history

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here