Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sing along Sussex By The Sea

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Am liking the person controlling the PA system deciding to turn sound off during Sussex By The Sea so we all sing along....wonderful idea.....

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sounded much better. PA can start it off then crowd take over. (Words on the screen if it's too hard for people to learn the words).

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think it did, but a lot of the best ideas are accidents. Hope it's repeated, but the words on the big screen would top it off.......

Yeah better timed it could boost the atmosphere, we need to do something to boost it. I think today was the worst atmosphere weve had (in a league game) in the 3 years we have been at The Amex.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Nooooo! How embarrassing if we had to have the words on a big screen to our own song. The away fans would have a field day.

Unfortunately, this!

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Yeah better timed it could boost the atmosphere, we need to do something to boost it. I think today was the worst atmosphere weve had (in a league game) in the 3 years we have been at The Amex.

Are you kidding? It was great at times! Not as good as it has been before but better then the other home games this season

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nooooo! How embarrassing if we had to have the words on a big screen to our own song. The away fans would have a field day.

Would they?

Derby, in the play offs last season, had the words on the big screen for their song, and virtually the whole stadium joined in - it sounded incredible. At no point did I think to myself "how tinpot - they've got the words up on the big screen".

Most of their fans knew the words anyway, just like many of us. It was interesting to see what they were singing, and I'm sure the same would be true for away supporters at the AMEX. It should be done in my opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

God no, disagree entirely. Compared with several of last years turgid affairs under OG today was positively jumping.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Would they?

Derby, in the play offs last season, had the words on the big screen for their song, and virtually the whole stadium joined in - it sounded incredible. At no point did I think to myself "how tinpot - they've got the words up on the big screen".

Most of their fans knew the words anyway, just like many of us. It was interesting to see what they were singing, and I'm sure the same would be true for away supporters at the AMEX. It should be done in my opinion.

The words on screen would also keep people in time if they used a bouncing ball or karaoke style highlighting.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Anything to encourage the awesome anthem to ring around the AMEX. Even in the sleepy dorms of the Upper East they were tentatively singing along. The moaners silent in momentary respect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
God no, disagree entirely. Compared with several of last years turgid affairs under OG today was positively jumping.

Absolutely agree, I think it was a technical hitch, but when it came back on, it did prove how bad the timing of some of the singing actually is..... slow it down.

I think we should do it again though, it did sound good.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought it was great and I'd be quite happy if they just played the intro and then let the fans take over

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here