Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Washing machine going batshit mental on spin - any advice?

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yes, if you have already run the machine without removing them it is possible you may have already damaged the machine.
After removing the bolts fit those white blanking plugs in the holes and store the transit bolts in case you move the machine in the future.

I had the same ("professionally" installed too). It won't have been on for long, I thought it was going to go through the floor when I turned mine on!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Jawas fitted a restraining bolt to R2D2 which Luke Skywalker had to remove to get him working properly :lol:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
So I have removed the bolts, hit it with a hammer a few times and turned it on and off repeatedly a few times. Not sure what fixed it, my suspicion is the hammer, but either way it now works perfectly and is snugly fitted away beneath the counter. A happy ending! Thanks NSC!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409420527.012462.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545573 said:
Sorry majorly off topic but need some advice from a plumber! Got a new undercounted washing machine and when it starts to spin it starts dancing all over the place and the entire flat feels like there is an earthquake happening. It's level and I have adjusted the legs. Just wondering if something else needs to be adjusted or if it's a fault with the machine and I will have to exchange it.

Thanks!

Hi enjoy this :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545798 said:
So I have removed the bolts, hit it with a hammer a few times and turned it on and off repeatedly a few times. Not sure what fixed it, my suspicion is the hammer, but either way it now works perfectly and is snugly fitted away beneath the counter. A happy ending! Thanks NSC!

View attachment 58100

Now clean that kitchen floor!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545591 said:
Err nope, I did pay somebody to install it though so would presume that it would have been done.... Having said that, it is Costa Rica certain things aren't done quite as thoroughly as they might be. How would I check? Remove the back and look inside?

Name and shame the person you paid to install it, unless they give you some money back, they really shouldn't be getting away with this, every new washing machine has transit bolts, you wasn't to know this if you paid someone to do the job.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545573 said:
Sorry majorly off topic but need some advice from a plumber! Got a new undercounted washing machine

Thanks!

What I want to know is have you a washing machine at all or 1 or even 2 maybe?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Put a brick in it for a long high speed cycle as this will smooth it out. Film it just in case.

FFS don't do that. It will explode.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545798 said:

View attachment 58100

your appliances are positioned far too close to each other.

i can send you a leaflet if you want on the perils of positioning the microwave vent in an area where ventilation is impossible.......it might save your life:wrong:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6546612 said:
That's not a microwave, it's a toaster oven!

(Will I still die?)

my mistake,specsavers beckons

toaster oven you say,crammed next to to the gas filled fridge above an unstable washing machine........nah nothing can go wrong..........youll be fine chap!

have you considered leaving the kettle in the sink on a permanent basis?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6546615 said:
Hot water on tap? Should speed up the boiling process!

on a side note do toaster ovens have a vent?

somehow i would rather know this as opposed to how to resolve our striker crisis

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I had the same ("professionally" installed too). It won't have been on for long, I thought it was going to go through the floor when I turned mine on!

When you say "professionally" installed, you mean you are too rich to be doing it yourself?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here