Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Washing machine going batshit mental on spin - any advice?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Sorry majorly off topic but need some advice from a plumber! Got a new undercounted washing machine and when it starts to spin it starts dancing all over the place and the entire flat feels like there is an earthquake happening. It's level and I have adjusted the legs. Just wondering if something else needs to be adjusted or if it's a fault with the machine and I will have to exchange it.

Thanks!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545573 said:
Sorry majorly off topic but need some advice from a plumber! Got a new undercounted washing machine and when it starts to spin it starts dancing all over the place and the entire flat feels like there is an earthquake happening. It's level and I have adjusted the legs. Just wondering if something else needs to be adjusted or if it's a fault with the machine and I will have to exchange it.

Thanks!

you did remove all the retaining brackets/bolts that protect the drum in transit?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was going to say the legs are uneven, are you sure it is level and solid on the floor.
On some machines there are things holding the drum in place so that it does not wobble around in transit and they need to be removed before use, apart from that I have no idea.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Err nope, I did pay somebody to install it though so would presume that it would have been done.... Having said that, it is Costa Rica certain things aren't done quite as thoroughly as they might be. How would I check? Remove the back and look inside?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545591 said:
Err nope, I did pay somebody to install it though so would presume that it would have been done.... Having said that, it is Costa Rica certain things aren't done quite as thoroughly as they might be. How would I check? Remove the back and look inside?

can you google the model?

I have a beko and there were 4 bolts in back of machine, maybe this will help, mine was something similar

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How would I check? Remove the back and look inside?

Nooooo. There'll be a hole through the case somewhere (sometimes two). You could have a look in the destruction book that you'll have kept and know where it is - that'll tell you where the hole(s) is/are....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you turned it off and back on again?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Depends on the model I suppose but they are usually in the drum have a look inside and see if there are things in there that shouldn't be there.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409416601.636358.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409416637.201842.jpg

So from looking at the back of the machine I take it that the bolts on all 4 corners of the rear should be removed?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545613 said:
View attachment 58097

View attachment 58098

So from looking at the back of the machine I take it that the bolts on all 4 corners of the rear should be removed?

They do look as though they are transit bolts. Looks as though you remove them and then cover the holes with the white plastic straps/plugs.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6545613 said:
View attachment 58097

View attachment 58098

Yes, if you have already run the machine without removing them it is possible you may have already damaged the machine.
After removing the bolts fit those white blanking plugs in the holes and store the transit bolts in case you move the machine in the future.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes, if you have already run the machine without removing them it is possible you may have already damaged the machine.
After removing the bolts fit those white blanking plugs in the holes and store the transit bolts in case you move the machine in the future.

Many years ago I did the same, then removed the bolts but the machine was still ok, so good luck.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012

And then hunt down the guy you paid to 'install' it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here