Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami's tactics in Football Manager

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Following on from the FM addict thread, I started an FM14 game with the latest update but struggled to accurately map Sami's real life tactics. I'm interested to see how others see our new shape so how would you line up to accurately reflect real life? My effort was a flat back 4 but with the full backs set to Complete Wing Backs. Holla as a standard DCM. Two Central Midfielders. One Central AM (Tex) and 2 strikers - one as deep lying. But this was just to fit the positions the players abilities in the game. Is it two AM's and are they wide or are they more central?

I'm genuinely interested to see how everyone sees the current formation and using FMs tactics seems a better comparison than just trying to describe it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Excellent question. So if I were to use the team against Bolton:

Stockdale: GK (obviously)
Calderon: Wing back
Dunk: CB
Greer: CB
Bennett: Wing back
Bruno: Right defensive midfielder (tasked with overlapping Calderon or dropping in behind)
Holla: Deep lying playmaker. Defensive, but with a license to roam forward
Crofts: Standard CM
JFC: Slightly further forward CM
Teixeira: Left sided attacking playmaker
CMS: Complete forward

No sure how I'd make that into a FM formation though...

D

Deleted member 2719

Good thread. Not sure yet as only seen last week's match, but look forward to see him tested as a manager and tactician throughout the season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Christmas tree....??

I did wonder about that but that suggests that the two AMs are more central than the standard CMs whereas they actually go from wide into central. It's almost a diamond but with the furthest forward players rather than just the midfield. CM and Striker central with AMs wider but not wingers.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was wondering this too. I cant get my head around it. Its not a traditional formation but it works. Well done Sami!
Its so refreshing to see a new style rather than the 433 we been playing for years.

Ps. Does the new update include Baldock, Tex et al?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was wondering this too. I cant get my head around it. Its not a traditional formation but it works. Well done Sami!
Its so refreshing to see a new style rather than the 433 we been playing for years.

Ps. Does the new update include Baldock, Tex et al?
It isn't an official update but yes it does although it has Sammy Lee as assistant. All he does is complain about being overrun in midfield. Despite this, we are unbeaten after 13 games with just 3 draws although this includes pre-season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Tactics remind me a little of an old style barcelona.
2 CB with 1 midfielder dropping in between the paid to pick up the ball and dictate the game. This is Holla
Fullback have a licence to provide the width. 2 more CM fielders playing inside right and left. 2 almost free roaming attackers and a CF.
Football manager. No real idea how to get it in a line up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Check out the tactics thread in the CM community.... I think one of Uwe Rosler's was this tactic.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The way I've figured it, it's something like this, but with Colunga and Teixeira playing slightly wider:

709ovq.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here