Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pace ace Vetokele can pose threat to Albion on the counter [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion will be on guard against the Championship’s latest goalscoring star from overseas today.
Belgian-born Angolan international Igor Vetokele already has three goals to his name in the league this season, a tally beaten only by two players in the division.
The 5ft 8in summer signing from FC Copenhagen has real pace – which is one good reason why Addicks boss Bob Peeters targeted him after taking charge.
Peeters said: “I saw a lot of games from last season and I thought the team lacked a player that could break on the counter and who knows how to keep hold of the ball.
“He’s not the tallest striker but he knows how to win a header and he showed that (with his goal) against Brentford.
“I’m very pleased to have him because I’ve known him for five or six years and I know of his talent and he has a very big career ahead of him.”
All three of Vetokele’s goals have come from close range.
He headed home in the 3-2 home win over Derby and finished left-footed to salvage a 1-1 draw at Huddersfield last Saturday.
Charlton remain unbeaten in the league with two home wins and two away draws and Peeters expects them to be hard to break down.
He said: “I’m a manager known in Belgium for good organisation, good shape and then try to create chances out of that shape.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here