Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official Bedwetters apology to Tony Bloom/Board/Nathan Jones/anything else thread

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'd like to formally apologise to Tony and his fellow board members for being overly concerned that we lacked ambition. Soz.

I'd also like to apologise to Nathan Jones for being non plussed or a fan of his. I watched his interview on seagulls player (albeit in bad quality and buffering) and it's clear that the man is simply Albion through and through with a potentially great future with the club. Him and Sami clearly share the same philosophy and with time on their side they
Will undoubtedly take us to where we all want to be.

Feel free to mock or join in.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I think you will find that most of the bedwetters will be hiding under their school books.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do the bed wetters get an apology for having money taken from them under false pretences for two games and producing an on pitch performance that was akin to Gillingham days at Birmingham? :wink:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Do the bed wetters get an apology for having money taken from them under false pretences for two games and producing an on pitch performance that was akin to Gillingham days at Birmingham? :wink:

Sounds like you need to email Paul Barber as that constitutes a technical query.

I don't officially count myself as an actual bedwetter, more of a slight naysayer, but it's not as catchy!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I'm at least going to have the guts to acknowledge the recruitment team have really got their act together in the past fortnight to give us a chance this season. And I also give them credit that a lot of these signings don't FEEL like last-minute ones either, they appear to have been going on for a while.

I have been critical of David Burke in particular in the past, not because of one bad result or one bad signing, but because IMHO the quality of the squad man for man looked to have regressed over a period of two years. I also feared that all the various parties were not working brilliantly together, when you look at what has happened with previous managers. But I think this recent flurry of activity may have halted that trend, which is great news.

A lot of people who have criticised aspects of the recruitment process in the past have never in addition said Bloom lacks ambition. Seriously, how could you? Look at the stadium, look at the incredible new training centre, both the envy of bigger and Premier League clubs. They are amazing, that accusation should never be levelled at Bloom, and no sane person could do that.

But I have to say looking forward I really hope Albion fans can get past this rather ridiculous internal tit-for-tat attitude. Or do we have to expect every time there is a good result/signing there is an attack on 'bedwetters', and every time there is a bad result/lack of signing there is an attack on the 'lickers'? Sadly, I think I already know the answer to that question.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A lot of people who have criticised aspects of the recruitment process in the past have never in addition said Bloom lacks ambition. Seriously, how could you? Look at the stadium, look at the incredible new training centre, both the envy of bigger and Premier League clubs. They are amazing, that accusation should never be levelled at Bloom, and no sane person could do that.

But I have to say looking forward I really hope Albion fans can get past this rather ridiculous internal tit-for-tat attitude. Or do we have to expect every time there is a good result/signing there is an attack on 'bedwetters', and every time there is a bad result/lack of signing there is an attack on the 'lickers'? Sadly, I think I already know the answer to that question.

Indeed, no sane person would question his ambition, but many have on this board over the last few weeks. The "One Club No Ambition" mantra has been used quite extensively. I just see this infighting as a reaction to some really quite bizarre suggestions on this board since the end of last season. It will calm down soon.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could you not have waited until after the game to start this thread? Such a 'everything is fine' thread before the game is only going to curse us, leading to a loss that will bring back some moaning.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Or! Were we in fact doing OUR job by keeping up the pressure? We should consider ourselves a pressure group. It certainly touched a nerve with Barber judging by previous programme notes. If they are shooting at you, then you are doing your job.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No apology required for the tardiness of our signings this transfer window but, credit where credit due, Burke and his recruitment team have belatedly come up trumps.

Very few, only the idiots, attacked our Tony regarding his ambition.

As for Nathan, he was/is the 2nd choice and no doubt cheaper option.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Or! Were we in fact doing OUR job by keeping up the pressure? We should consider ourselves a pressure group. It certainly touched a nerve with Barber judging by previous programme notes. If they are shooting at you, then you are doing your job.

I think there is some truth in this. The club were aware that the majority of the fans and, more importantly, Sami were rather frustrated a couple of weeks ago. And so they should have been. Now it is also correct that we have a collective mood swing in the positive direction amongst our fan base and manager.

PS. I found PB's defence of the indefensible rather funny.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think there is some truth in this. The club were aware that the majority of the fans and, more importantly, Sami were rather frustrated a couple of weeks ago. And so they should have been. Now it is also correct that we have a collective mood swing in the positive direction amongst our fan base and manager.

PS. I found PB's defence of the indefensible rather funny.

Probably not.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

No apologies for the Bed Wetters. However BW's can I understand apply to Paul Barber for discount of the shortly to arrive Protective Mattress Covers only available in Home Colours.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'd like to formally apologise to Tony and his fellow board members for being overly concerned that we lacked ambition. Soz.

I'd also like to apologise to Nathan Jones for being non plussed or a fan of his. I watched his interview on seagulls player (albeit in bad quality and buffering) and it's clear that the man is simply Albion through and through with a potentially great future with the club. Him and Sami clearly share the same philosophy and with time on their side they
Will undoubtedly take us to where we all want to be.

Feel free to mock or join in.

Good Boy, for being the first to show some balls. And I trust you will be happy to be wrong on tis occasion. :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

- Did you get a refund for the poor matches under Poyet or Garcia (or any other Albion manager before that)? or did you gloss over them with rose tinited glasses?

- When i brought my ST, i thought it was so that i could see the Albion play live at the Amex, i don't remember anything about how the games will be or how the standard of entertainment / style / results, etc, would be. Can you please direct me to a copy of these promises made that leads you to say that it was false pretences?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
- Did you get a refund for the poor matches under Poyet or Garcia (or any other Albion manager before that)? or did you gloss over them with rose tinited glasses?

- When i brought my ST, i thought it was so that i could see the Albion play live at the Amex, i don't remember anything about how the games will be or how the standard of entertainment / style / results, etc, would be. Can you please direct me to a copy of these promises made that leads you to say that it was false pretences?

It was actually tongue in cheek :rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here