Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a bit wet and nasty here in BN1 this morning - Were you there in 1983?

D

Deleted User X18H

1st October 1983 . I was as a small boy and superb it was.

Forget Shoreham Airshow. An Airshow without The Red Arrows (not even a fly-by) is like an Albion mid 1980's midfield without Jimmy Case............

Bring a hat it might rain.

Still just 2.25 miles from The Amex

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What the 7-0?.....I was there,didn't we have Martin Keown in defence?
Also there the next season ?? when they beat us 5-3 I think.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was at the 7-0.
Remember Joe Corrigan sitting on the pitch resting against the goal posts and turning round chatting to us in the south stand
Keown came a couple of years later I think

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Forget Shoreham Airshow. An Airshow without The Red Arrows (not even a fly-by) is like an Albion mid 1980's midfield without Jimmy Case............

Thanks Tim

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was at the 7-0.
Remember Joe Corrigan sitting on the pitch resting against the goal posts and turning round chatting to us in the south stand
Keown came a couple of years later I think

You are probably right...it was a long time ago!

I was not a small boy but at a friend's wedding. Whenever the subject of weddings arises we love to remark "..I remember that on the day you got married the Albion won 7 - 0 but we were at your wedding". Seeing the Blackpool 6 - 1 a couple of seasons ago helped ease the hurt.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
What the 7-0?.....I was there,didn't we have Martin Keown in defence?
Also there the next season ?? when they beat us 5-3 I think.

I seem to recall us playing Keown up front for the Charlton game because of an injury crisis (not the 7-0!) or is my memory playing tricks?

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Yes, I had to watch from the West, rather than usual East, because of the rain.
I was also at another 7-goal thriller with them 6 years earlier, unfortunately we only scored 3 at The Valley, deserved more.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I seem to recall us playing Keown up front for the Charlton game because of an injury crisis (not the 7-0!) or is my memory playing tricks?

I think you could be right, that is probably what i was thinking of, maybe the 3-5 game?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was not a small boy but at a friend's wedding. Whenever the subject of weddings arises we love to remark "..I remember that on the day you got married the Albion won 7 - 0 but we were at your wedding". Seeing the Blackpool 6 - 1 a couple of seasons ago helped ease the hurt.
Off subject but following on from above, I was best man at a mates wedding. No idea what the date was but remember that it was the day Southampton beat Man Utd 3:0 and the controversy of those grey shirts.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I was working at The Royal Albion hotel and listened to bits and bobs of it from the chefs radio, every time I entered the kitchen we had scored another goal!!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2013
I remember that 7-0 win. Michael Ring came on as substitute and was so keen to get on the score sheet that he deprived Gerry Ryan of also getting a hatrick that day. It was the year before I got my first season ticket and the main reason I went to the game was because the Boys Brigade band was playing before the match and I had friends in the band. Great day, I can still remember the look on Joe Corrigan's face when the fifth goal went in before half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here