Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BALDOCK'S UNFINISHED CHAMPIONSHIP BUSINESS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-290814-ld229-1883109_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock speaks to press.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

Brighton & Hove Albion new signing Sam Baldock feels he has ‘unfinished business’ in the Championship and is determined to prove a hit at Albion.

Baldock scored 26 goals in all competitions for Bristol City last season and Albion’s number nine is keen to bring that form with him to the second tier.
He said, “I think there is some unfinished business. I’ve shown previously that I’m capable of playing at this level and I’m willing to continue learning and pushing at the top end.
“It was very flattering to have what I perceive as one of the biggest clubs in the Championship chasing my signature.
“I liked my time at Bristol City and it wasn’t a decision I took lightly but as soon as I knew of the interest it was somewhere I wanted to be.
“I wouldn’t have jumped at it if it was just any club, it had to be the right fit and I think this is.
“This is a club on the up with everything you could want as a player so I felt like I should take it.
“I’m delighted I’m now putting on the blue and white and I’m ready to play at the Amex.
“I’m going to do my best for the badge and the fans and see what happens. The aim is to score goals and push us up the table.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The 25-year-old tasted promotion in his time at West Ham and wants to replicate that with Albion – and feels he could spend the rest of his career with the club.
“I hope this is the key move of my career. All being well then I’d never have to move to another club and could stay here for the rest of my career, but obviously everything has to go right for the me and club.
“The club seems to have everything in position the fan base, facilities and squad, so it’s down to me now.
“The positivity around the place is really high and the belief is there. There’s some really good players in the dressing room and some proven players at this level and the division above so I don’t see why we can’t be pushing at the right end.
“It’s every players dream to play in the Premier League and I’ve had a glimpse of what it felt like to gain promotion even though I wasn’t involved on the day, but the aim is to get back there.
“I’ve only heard good things about the manager. He is definitely an icon in football that people aspire to be. He’s the type of person that when he talks, you listen because he has been there and done it.”[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here