Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long gaps between page loads on NSC? Random??

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've having a nightmare time tonight. Most of the time I'm having to wait 20-30 seconds between page loads, and when the requested page does load, sometimes it's ok, and sometimes it has gobbledy gook on it, and sometimes it's just the home page (i.e. it's not the page I requested at all). Then, just occasionally, the requested page will load just fine (i.e. just under a second).

Anyone else having the same problem? It's really irritating, but before I raise any alarm bells I need to know if it's local to my laptop, or is an NSC problem...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm fine here. Very quick loading. Maybe a local network issue. I'm with BT, East Brighton exchange.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've having a nightmare time tonight. Most of the time I'm having to wait 20-30 seconds between page loads, and when the requested page does load, sometimes it's ok, and sometimes it has gobbledy gook on it, and sometimes it's just the home page (i.e. it's not the page I requested at all). Then, just occasionally, the requested page will load just fine (i.e. just under a second).

Anyone else having the same problem? It's really irritating, but before I raise any alarm bells I need to know if it's local to my laptop, or is an NSC problem...

How are you distinguishing the gobbledegook from the 'sensible' stuff ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Aaaaargh - then it's a local problem? WTF? It took 4 attempts to get this page to load :nono:

I'm tempted to write everything I think I'll ever need to write on NSC forever in this post in case I can't get a page to load again:

1) We'll be promoted/top 6/mid table/just avoid relegation/relegated
2) The club's management is great/ok/really bad
3) It was a foul/yellow/red
4) The ball did/did not cross the line
5) Every player is off/staying
6) Every potential player is/is not signing
7) Calde is a legend

There, that should do it. See you on the other side.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Aaaaargh - then it's a local problem? WTF? It took 4 attempts to get this page to load :nono:

I'm tempted to write everything I think I'll ever need to write on NSC forever in this post in case I can't get a page to load again:

1) We'll be promoted/top 6/mid table/just avoid relegation/relegated
2) The club's management is great/ok/really bad
3) It was a foul/yellow/red
4) The ball did/did not cross the line
5) Every player is off/staying
6) Every potential player is/is not signing
7) Calde is a legend

There, that should do it. See you on the other side.

How was your pie ? How long did you queue for a pint ? Were the trains ok ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm also having problems. Having to click the same buttons for ages to load pages.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nothing I can see behind the scenes...

Oh. I'll initiate the two part restore process here then:

1) Turn my laptop off and back on. If that doesn't work...
2) Hit my laptop with a 2lb hammer.

Still happening here....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Careful...

Attachments

• sugar.jpg
    sugar.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 74

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Seems to be ok now. Weird

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, turning it off and back on, just might have helped! Who'd have thunk? It seems to be better now - not perfect, but workable...

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Well, turning it off and back on, just might have helped! Who'd have thunk? It seems to be better now - not perfect, but workable...

Reboot router/modem, these are normally the worst causes for slow internet and pages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here