Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
His value to the club expires at 23:00hrs this Monday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really hope not. For the first time we have a setup that seems tailor made for CMS to score goals. And I don't see it being a problem playing him alongside Colunga and/or Baldock.

Sorry if not clear, I mean his financial transfer value

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Eh? - If you mean once the transfer window closes he can't command a transfer fee in the January transfer window should the club decide to sell or recieve an offer they can't refuse. Didn't Barnes go during the January transfer window for a reported £750k to Burnley when his contract was due to expire in the summer so i don't think what you are saying is correct.

Besides i hope he is offered a new contract soon and he accepts.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Sorry if not clear, I mean his financial transfer value

oh I see - although we could probably still recoup some money in January. albeit not much.

I would probably think about considering a contract extension in Oct/Nov once we've established how he performs in new system alongside the others.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Not quite, we can see how he goes til Jan, offer him a further two years if he is shooting the lights out and set a deadline that if he doesn't sign by end of Dec he will be sold. Its not in his nature to do a 'Buckley'....by setting a deadline we will see if his instinct is to stay.

Or, perhaps we get a decent bid before Monday night, we will then have a decision to make...but I expect we would only accept it if we have a replacement lined up.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A new contract for half the money, and he should be happy with that after what he's produced so far.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This time tomorrow we should have a much better idea.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This time tomorrow we should have a much better idea.

I concur entirely, if he starts he will stay and if not it could be all over.

Bearing in mind he scored last Saturday and did not play mid-week my conclusion is he stays.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
a) damaged goods I'm afraid with the new signings. The writing's on the wall despite his recent goals.
Too little too late over three years.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
BBBBBBB

We offer a new deal he accepts he scores 20 goals this season we go up DONE

This would be the best option another year on the one year he has left we are finally playing a style that CMS fits into, he has been a fantastic servant playing hopelessly out of position and then when we finally sign a player he could work with he suffers an awful injury, now he is back looking sharp scoring goals this could be a very big season for him and the Albion

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
a) damaged goods I'm afraid with the new signings. The writing's on the wall despite his recent goals.
Too little too late over three years.
That's not his fault at least Sami is signing players purposely to suit his chosen formation. To this day I have no idea why Poyet signed or even wanted Craig as surely there were better options for the money that would of suited the style of play back then.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I really hope this is the season when he fulfills his potential for us.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Get him to dye his hair brown, he would be a perfect John bishop look alike, with or without the ball.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here