Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Airshow

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is anyone else forsaking the Amex tomorrow in the hope of seeing a Lanc (was meant to be two :down:) a tin triangle, a Typhoon and other assorted airborne machinery?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
God no. I just hope the traffic getting past isn't too much of a ballache.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Is anyone else forsaking the Amex tomorrow in the hope of seeing a Lanc (was meant to be two :down:) a tin triangle, a Typhoon and other assorted airborne machinery?

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and miss the game, but I have seen the 2 ship Lancaster formation with Spitfire and Hurricane 4 times so far, not including the Avro Day which was superb.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Surely the line up is fairly similar on the Sunday (minus the Vulcan) - Couldn't those who are interested do the football on the Saturday and Air Show on the Sunday :shrug:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely the line up is fairly similar on the Sunday (minus the Vulcan) - Couldn't those who are interested do the football on the Saturday and Air Show on the Sunday :shrug:

I could have done exactly this, but the Vulcan is the key attraction for me and chances are running out to see it - I don't have a season ticket for work reasons but it is VERY rare that I miss the chance to see the Albion when I can. In fact this is probably the first time since we've been at the Amex that I could have gone to a game but have chosen not to.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Isn't it cancelled. I saw a Spitfire zooming over BN12 this afternoon at full speed and performing a few rolls/dives. Really fast compared to all the pleasure planes and choppers that normally skirt the beach.
Very impressive.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
The Canadian Lancaster has a mechanical problem and won't be there. I think the other one is still ok.

Did that one fly over Brighton about 12:30 today?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Vulcan, will it develop a mysterious oil leak like last year?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I have 'surrendered' tomorrows game to bank some points with both wife and in-laws.

A few of her family are down and the in-laws have a new place that looks directly on to Shoreham airport so they're having an airshow party.

Sometimes you have to take the hit and tomorrow is that time for me.

:-(

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not into the airshow at all. I generally try to pretend it's not happening. Still the airport has been in Shoreham a lot longer than I have, so I have no right to complain really. I hope everyone who is into this sort of thing has a fine time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here