Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you coping with this orgy of Scotishness?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
excellent fun......complete pringlefest!

nothing better than seeing Scots argue with each other,i think the powers that be should be handing out free Buckfast though to spice things up a little.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If they say yes, then think of Scottish football and the wilderness years

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Perhaps? - But isn't Alex Salmond running project smear? Westminster (i.e.England)?

But does anyone really take him seriously?..
he's a guy who's style is if he doesn't like what anyone is saying - just shout and shout and shout over the top of them .... Did you see his new stage show on Monday? He was so very sincere that every time he came to speak he just had to walk around to the front of his little rectum (sorry lectern) ..

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
If they say yes, then think of Scottish football and the wilderness years

This is certainly an interesting question. I was given to understand that Scotland will not be automatically admitted into the EU after their secession (or whatever we want to call it), so Scottish players in the EU clubs will have to be regarded as non-EU foreigners. That will limit the number of them in English clubs, and most of them will have to go back to Scotland, making the SPL significantly stronger.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is certainly an interesting question. I was given to understand that Scotland will not be automatically admitted into the EU after their secession (or whatever we want to call it), so Scottish players in the EU clubs will have to be regarded as non-EU foreigners. That will limit the number of them in English clubs, and most of them will have to go back to Scotland, making the SPL significantly stronger.

There could be a massive compensation claim arriving on the doorstep of the Scottish Parliament if true......

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think it's time they go independent because I feel that we have given them enough powers as it is! I would refuse to give them anymore. They are as equal part of the UK as Sussex , cornwall, Wales or London is! . Why should they dictate to us they want more! Go alone and see how you get on!

I would love to know what the result would be if the whole of the UK could vote in this

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Relishing it like a pig in a swill. The real pleasure comes when they get their independence and we can get a good laugh every other day at their downfall.
The 6 O'Clock news will replace the Fast Show as the comedy event of the week.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The Scots seem to think that all the North Sea oil is somehow theirs and it will finance their tartan utopia. The first thing we should do is present them with the bill for all the English taxes that paid for the exploration and development of the oilfields and if they don't pay up; the Royal Navy should be sent up there to sink all 'their' oil rigs. We'd have them over a barrel - so to speak.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
The Scots seem to think that all the North Sea oil is somehow theirs and it will finance their tartan utopia. The first thing we should do is present them with the bill for all the English taxes that paid for the exploration and development of the oilfields and if they don't pay up; the Royal Navy should be sent up there to sink all 'their' oil rigs. We'd have them over a barrel - so to speak.
Their exports of haggis, whiskey and wool might not sustain a nation. Haggis is overrated mincemeat, wool is wool, and whiskey makes me gag, besides which we will keep the oil and gas reserves because they were ours in the first place.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Will we have boarder guards will Scots living in the UK have to decide what passport they want. Just thought the yes vote keeps saying look at Norway how good it is 3 burgers 3 beers £150 that will kill the Scottish tourist trade. A very expensive country.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Their exports of haggis, whiskey and wool might not sustain a nation. Haggis is overrated mincemeat, wool is wool, and whiskey makes me gag, besides which we will keep the oil and gas reserves because they were ours in the first place.

You've forgotten Edinburgh rock, surely that will sustain them .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think you will find that the right honorable gentleman Gordon McBrown (Cowdenbeath and Killcaddy) ably assisted by Alistair McDarling (Edinburgh West ) PM and Chancellor, managed to change the boundary's of the oilfields so that many were located to Scottish waters, whilst making sure the ship building industry was moved from Portsmouth to Scotland.
Strange how English MP's are not allowed to vote on Scottish issues (or NI and Welsh) but the Scots, Welsh and NI can vote on English issues....we do not have an English Parliament.
Meanwhile not only RBS was bailed out, but The Clydesdale Bank (McBroons constituency as well.
Meanwhile Dave (iv'e got a lot of Scottish blood running through my veins) does not want to see the Scots leave.
Labour will lose a lot of votes....and Alex Salmond's waistline will continue to expand at an alarming rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here