Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-31jul14-ld229-1796712_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:43 29th August 2014
by Paul Camillin
Now we need to continue to work hard and get the optimum out of the squad every time we play."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says he is delighted with the squad he's assembled, but says that to achieve success hard work will be key for his players.Hyypia, who goes in search of a fifth win in six matches, when Charlton Athletic visit the Amex tomorrow, said, "I'm much happier than two weeks ago, we have got players in the areas that we wanted and I'm pleased with the squad.
"Now we need to continue to work hard and get the optimum out of the squad every time we play.
"The quality in training is great now and you can see it [has improved] since the new players have come it has stepped up and I am very pleased.
"I have a very good problem as I will have to leave some good players on the bench and some out of the squad, but this is a good problem for a manager to have.
"But, we haven't achieved anything yet, the hard work is going to continue and we need to integrate the new players as soon as possible into how we work and how we play and then hopefully everything will be good."

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Sam Baldock became Albion's 11th new face of the summer, when he signed from Bristol City for an undisclosed fee on Wednesday, and Hyypia is backing him to score goals.
"He can score goals and for every team it is very important that someone can score goals so hopefully he can continue that for us.
"We'll do everything we can so he scores goals for us and then we will see. I am sure that he has the quality to bring us many goals."
Meanwhile Hyypia confirmed his backroom staff this week, with Nathan Jones installed as assistant manager and Joaquin Gomez as first-team coach.
"I thought about bringing new faces in and I had a few candidates, but I wasn't able to bring them in. I kept thinking and searching for someone who would be perfect for this position, but I don’t want to take a new face or somebody in the coaching staff for the sake of it.
"I am very happy with the work we are doing now and we have good coaching staff who I am very happy with. Nathan knows the Championship inside out: he can tell almost you every player from every team and that is a great help for me.
"Professionally they [Jones and Gomez] are both very capable of working in this level and hopefully they enjoy their work as much as I enjoy mine."[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here