May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Get in there....

image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seen them a few times and it's always surreal. The Old Market fire alarm and his solo thingy at the West Hill Community Centre come to mind. The later involved him walking into the kitchenette behind the stage, and sitting down, whilst he continued to sing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seen them a few times and it's always surreal. The Old Market fire alarm and his solo thingy at the West Hill Community Centre come to mind. The later involved him walking into the kitchenette behind the stage, and sitting down, whilst he continued to sing.

Last time he was at The Concorde he forgot which side of the stage to exit from and ended up battling with the curtains and the venue wall.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Never understood how Brix went from being a mega sexy part of the band to being in a clothes show with Gok Wan. Definitely one of the oddest liaisons of the 80s

via a relationship with Nigel Kennedy
just like to add my recommendation for the current line up live
bound to be the kiss of death I know
but they have been reliable lately

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
He has been on pretty good form lately. Guess I have now jinxed this having said that!

Agreed, I saw them around May or June, the venue was an odd one, it was the bar that is below Stamford Bridge! They were on top form that night.

I too am looking forward to seeing them at the Concorde and I will also be going to the screening of the film at the Westhill on the Tuesday.
Here's a link to it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1444599059146058/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Never understood how Brix went from being a mega sexy part of the band to being in a clothes show with Gok Wan. Definitely one of the oddest liaisons of the 80s

Stephen Hanley's recently published book The Big Midweek is a great read and gives a fascinating insight into how The Fall work. There is quite a lot in there about Brix's arrival, her time in The Fall, the break up and most extraordinary that she came back for a second spell.

Also saw them at Stamford Bridge and thought they were great- also helped by an excellent venue with superb sound.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agreed, I saw them around May or June, the venue was an odd one, it was the bar that is below Stamford Bridge! They were on top form that night.

I too am looking forward to seeing them at the Concorde and I will also be going to the screening of the film at the Westhill on the Tuesday.
Here's a link to it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1444599059146058/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Thanks for that link. Did not know much about the film except that tickets were on sale at Resident.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here