teixeira-290814-l229-1883437_478x359.jpg

Joao Teixeira
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
13:09 29th August 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m here to play games and I’m excited to be at this club."
Joao Teixeira

Joao Teixeira is eager to build on a superb start to his loan spell at Brighton & Hove Albion after scoring twice in his opening three appearances for the Seagulls.Teixeira found the net in a brilliant 2-0 victory at Leeds United, before another strike on his Amex debut against Bolton Wanderers last week.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I just want to score goals and help the team. I’m here to play games and I’m excited to be at this club.
“I have a contract at Liverpool and one day I want to play regularly in their first team, but now my focus is only on Brighton.”
The Portuguese midfielder believes that Sami Hyypia’s ethos is also helping him get the most out of his game.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

"The style of play suits me as I have more freedom, which is good for me," he adds. "I played my first game coming off the bench against Birmingham, after not training with the team, but now I’m starting games and things are going well.“I have to keep working and improving, but I am still young and will do my best to help the team as much as possible.”
Teixeira’s bright start to life in the Championship has led to suggestions that opposition teams may target him as a key threat, but this does not concern the youngster.
“I don’t need to worry about that, I only have to think about the information and tactics that Sami gives us.
“He knows how we are going to play and this is going to change each time because every game is different. I will just concentrate on my work and I’m sure I won’t be a target.
“At the beginning I found English football really hard to deal with, but now I’m used to it and I think the game is brilliant over here. Everyone likes to watch it so I’m happy to be a part of it.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here