Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Enoch Powell correct?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
After his controversial "Rivers of Blood" speech, looking back on it now, was he right?

Immigration rates have been soaring "Net migration to Britain has surged by 68,000 in the past year to 243,000, leaving in tatters Theresa May's promise to reduce the figure to below 100,000 by next May's general election."

If you wish to read his speech, the link to it is below

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643826/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

UKMigrationWEB290814.png

Some reaction at the time of the speech:

The Times newspaper declared it "an evil speech",

The leading Conservatives in the Shadow Cabinet were outraged by the speech. Iain Macleod, Edward Boyle, Quintin Hogg and Robert Carr all threatened to resign from the front bench unless Powell was sacked. Margaret Thatcher thought that some of Powell's speech was "strong meat"

Earlier that day, 1,000 London dockers had gone on strike in protest at Powell's sacking and marched from the East End to the Palace of Westminster carrying placards saying "Don't knock Enoch" and "Back Britain, not Black Britain". 300 of them went into the Palace, 100 to lobby the MP for Stepney, Peter Shore, and 200 to lobby the MP for Poplar, Ian Mikardo. Shore and Mikardo were shouted down and some dockers kicked Mikardo. Lady Gaitskell shouted: "You will have your remedy at the next election." The dockers replied: "We won't forget."

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Ahead of his time...X But would he have spotted the mass influx of 'white' folk that the UK has 'suffered' in recent years? Nobody said a word...and really still don't...about the Eastern Block influx. Big ain't they....!x I have a pallet distribution firm....Nationwide. In the past 8 years....every factory we deliver too....has been taken over by Eastern Block 'gangers' and their 'workers'....which they supply accommodation for too....and tax them accordingly. Ipso Facto....you cannot get an English breakfast today....without 'em!x They produce the everyday food for Tesco/Morrisons/Asda...blah blah. Cheap labour with iron fist rule and fags/drugs all controlled by the 'Gangers' in each factory. Did an undercover Documentary about it a couple of years ago.....not 1 media outlet dare go near it. Enoch may have been blinded by colour on occasion.....but his principle...was solid....I reckon...X Been to a Boot Sale lately???? Glasnost...X
@@
~
LUV
SHOCKING
OF
CAMBRIDGE
X

View attachment 58031

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No. It presumed that immigrants want to take over and subvert British culture rather than assimilate and contribute to it. Whilst there may well be some issues with certain communities not integrating, this is far from the norm as immigration goes.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ahead of his time...X But would he have spotted the mass influx of 'white' folk that the UK has 'suffered' in recent years? Nobody said a word...and really still don't...about the Eastern Block influx. Big ain't they....!x I have a pallet distribution firm....Nationwide. In the past 8 years....every factory we deliver too....has been taken over by Eastern Block 'gangers' and their 'workers'....which they supply accommodation for too....and tax them accordingly. Ipso Facto....you cannot get an English breakfast today....without 'em!x They produce the everyday food for Tesco/Morrisons/Asda...blah blah. Cheap labour with iron fist rule and fags/drugs all controlled by the 'Gangers' in each factory. Did an undercover Documentary about it a couple of years ago.....not 1 media outlet dare go near it. Enoch may have been blinded by colour on occasion.....but his principle...was solid....I reckon...X Been to a Boot Sale lately???? Glasnost...X
@@
~
LUV
SHOCKING
OF
CAMBRIDGE
X

View attachment 58031

So what from I understand from he was right but ahead of his time?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Poor fishing but my bingo card is ready.

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
Absolutely....although it's discussed more PCeeely these days and less uncouth language Tom&Jerry!!x But we wos all watching 'Luv thy Neighbour' wiv Eddie Booth back then.......never missed it. We become a product of our environment. The Romans had Gladiators and whore houses. Today we have football....and whore houses....we just don't speak about it or do it so openly. 'Sooty's safe'...init!x
@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No. It presumed that immigrants want to take over and subvert British culture rather than assimilate and contribute to it. Whilst there may well be some issues with certain communities not integrating, this is far from the norm as immigration goes.

The problem is that most do appear to want to take over British culture and very few integrate.

Enoch Powell was correct in my opinion.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
100% RIGHT it's great shame that our so called leaders are gutless and always sit on the fence.

SOOTY

Aug 25, 2014
The problem is that most do appear to want to take over British culture and very few integrate.

Correct Goldstone...X There is a saying.... 'Make thy enemy thy brother'. I did...and have for over 10 years....Romanians...Poles...Serbs...Lithuanians.......all of them. I have learnt their ways.....and ultimately the main body of those folk have no interest in this Country or it's long term future. Nothing to do with those Eastern block folk who came her after the 2nd World War and integrated with us and welcomed as 'heroes'....rightly so too at the time. Nope...these recent migrants are 'economic' or out and out gangsters. We is easy pickings and have been for a decade or so. They run the Black market in the UK. I know 'gangsters' from Glasgow to Gwent...Jersey to Gibralter all UK focused. Not 1 of those 'old firms' can compete in today's 'market'. Either in resources....or 'muscle'...so i understand. Me...i'm an observer....and report as i find...X As I said...they is big...init. Different prospect to the small in stature Asians that Enoch faced......hehe!!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

...they were gobsmacked that I put me fish back in me lake....!!x I do 400 miles a day around the UK on average.....and I see Nationwide 'foreigners' with Tesco's carrier bags...and a rod...at rivers and lakes. A new kind of Pole fishing. they is wild....too wild for over here....I reckon...X

irinel.jpg

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Agitur satis rectē, insula amoena fuit, ante Saxones omnia perdiderunt.

(Everything was purring along, lovely little island, until those Saxons came along and ruined everything...)

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

What a load of rubbish. That may be the way The Daily Hate portrays it but it's the vast minority that fail or wish not to intergrate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
look out the window. is there fighting in the streets? no. he was wrong.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone read the latest reviewed statistics on the acceleration of man made climate change lately? We have bigger problems than a couple of poles taking over your local Spar. You wait 20 years and see the climate refugees start moving across the globe. Famine, drought, flooding and soil collapse is going to scatter populations in their millions in all directions. International borders will become a relic of the past as entire nations start the exodus to safe countries. Now, that is worth taking action over.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Or as Stewart Lee put it:

"My name’s Paul Nuttall from UKIP, and I say we need to ensure the brightest and best Anglo-Saxons stay in 5th Century Northern Continental Europe, instead of coming over here to the UK and laying down the basis of our entire future language and culture."

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/20/stewart-lee-paul-nuttall-ukip_n_5357513.html[/video]

Do you remember the nothing days? I liked it when there was nothing.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Or as Stewart Lee put it:

"My name’s Paul Nuttall from UKIP, and I say we need to ensure the brightest and best Anglo-Saxons stay in 5th Century Northern Continental Europe, instead of coming over here to the UK and laying down the basis of our entire future language and culture."

[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/20/stewart-lee-paul-nuttall-ukip_n_5357513.html[/video]

Do you remember the nothing days? I liked it when there was nothing.

Haha love that sketch! Thanks to you I'm going to have to watch it again and lose 10 minutes of productive time at work. :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Haha love that sketch! Thanks to you I'm going to have to watch it again and lose 10 minutes of productive time at work. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the tease, it has been blocked on copyright grounds.

He's coming back to Brighton in February.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
100% totally Enoch Powell was wrong from me.

Apart from anything else, when he made the speech we were not part of Europe and Europe had not itself developed to the extent that it has now, so he made the speech in a totally different environment.

And having said that, I am not one who gets apoplectic about immigration, and I think (and hope) that Douglas Carswell will get well beaten in his by-election. I could obviously be wrong, but even if I aam I do not think it is the beginning of an avalanche in favour of UKIP.

If it is, I might emigrate - to Scotland(?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here