Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Evans Breakfast Show

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I find this show gets on my wick more and more. I could listen to spotify but I do like a bit of human interaction between songs. Just not Chris Evan"s brand of tosh. And the music - today we've had supercalifragelistic, Dr Doolittle and even Istandbul/Constaninople - oh and the theme from Happy Days.

What do other people listen to?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I find this show gets on my wick more and more. I could listen to spotify but I do like a bit of human interaction between songs. Just not Chris Evan"s brand of tosh. And the music - today we've had supercalifragelistic, Dr Doolittle and even Istandbul/Constaninople - oh and the theme from Happy Days.

In the car I go for...

http://www.xfm.co.uk/london/radio/breakfast/

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I like the show and I like Chris Evans. His positivity and intelligence shine through. Compared to the pathetic whitterings on the Radio 1 show he is a breath of fresh air. As for the Happy Days theme - great tune to lift the spirits. Have you thought of re-tuning to Radio 3 ? Or maybe the dire Heart with the fake bland cockney from Shoreham Beach ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
6 Music for me, plays great music old and new and whilst there is less emphasis on the presenters, you get a feeling of being slightly less patronised.

I like the show and I like Chris Evans. His positivity and intelligence shine through. Compared to the pathetic whitterings on the Radio 1 show he is a breath of fresh air. As for the Happy Days theme - great tune to lift the spirits. Have you thought of re-tuning to Radio 3 ? Or maybe the dire Heart with the fake bland cockney from Shoreham Beach ?

Another vote for Chris Evans. This morning's show also included a brief theological debate between him and Simon Callow. Music choice unsurpassed - recently awoken at 06:30 by him playing "Doctor, Doctor" by U.F.O.

Don't get me started about Heart - "more music variety - NOT". The 5' per day that I usually have to endure on school runs is around 4' 59" too much, fortunately Younger Pottings will be walking from September unless it is horizontal rain or white out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Glad it's not just me.

I find he can't go more than a minute without mentioning cars, which does my nut in as well.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Try listening to Nick bloody Grimshaw then. Awful shite. I'll take interesting, stimulating and humorous interviews every time.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Love Chris Evans, maybe in the minority but enjoy his show.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like Chris Evans. He's bright & cheerful, which I know doesn't suit a lot of people in the mornings. He also caters for kids in his show which isn't a bad thing imo.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I (accidentally) tuned to Radio Reverb in the car on the way home the other day. My word, what a load of rubbish that is.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Love Chris Evans, maybe in the minority but enjoy his show.

No you are not in the minority mate; I think Chris Evans makes excellent listening. Christ, there are enough radio stations to choose from!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I grudgingly listened to Radio 2 for a long time but there came a point where I could stomach the presenters no more. Evans is talented and has a certain charm, but I just can't be doing with his personality every weekday morning. Steve Wright's show has barely changed in 35 years, which I find quite depressing. And I only have to hear a single syllable from Mayo and I'm ready to shut off the electricity to the entire house.

Radio 6 is a much better companion, I find, despite a few dud presenters and some strangely predictable music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here