Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Baked Alaska Swindle

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Beardy, his ice cream melted. Old lady/grandmother figure implicated in removing Beardy's baked Alaska from freezer. Beardy cops massive strop like a girl and bins, yes BINS the cake.

Hollywood not happy.
Berry not impressed.
Nation simmering over apparent under hand tactics.

Messy.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Thousands of children are being sexually and physically abused up and down this country and people are worried about a Baked Alaska being left out on TV.... :wrong:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thousands of children are being sexually and physically abused up and down this country and people are worried about a Baked Alaska being left out on TV.... :wrong:

It's because they can relate to the baked Alaska incident, whereas they think that child sex abuse has passed them by - they can't possibly know anyone who it's happened to; even though it's statistically likely that they do know someone.

On GBBO - Diana's innocent. Beardy just had a strop. :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I quite like the TV cookery programs.

GBBO on the other hand is a vile, smug, middle class abortion of a program not unlike the local W.I. webcamming a jam making contest. It can f*** off somewhere really far away and then f*** off again when it gets there.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I do, as I also love cooking (and eating).

I find for me there are two types of cookery program, ones that I watch to learn for stuff I might want to cook or ones
I watch just as they're interesting but stuff I'd never try and cook. In the first category there's things like Rick Stein gor maybe Whitingstall, and in the second category stuff like Peter Keruvita - there's little in those programs I'd cook but they're quite interesting to watch.

Bake Off I've not got into but your ice cream won't freeze sitting on the bench.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Is this a BBC joke?? If not you could say the same abouy ANY post on herr being less important than child abuse Shirley

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is the first time we have watched it. Wouldn't say it is a must watch program and agree that the judges do come across a bit smug. However with regard to this weeks controversy, I found it a bit odd that the BBC announced that Diana had left the programme due to ill health but at no point in the report did they wish a good recovery or report that she had recovered and was well (bearing in mind the episodes were recorded between April and June.

Had to laugh as the 'accused' apparently made a comment along the lines of 'it is an amateur competition with no prize money so why would you sabotage someone else's food'! If you weren't interested in winning, why would you enter in the first place!!!

Must try and record a few more films so that we can watch those instead.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

GBBO on the other hand is a vile, smug, middle class abortion of a program not unlike the local W.I. webcamming a jam making contest. It can f*** off somewhere really far away and then f*** off again when it gets there.

Couldn't just about any TV cook show be labelled similarly? Hugh? Gordon? Rick Stein? Masterchef? Nigella? The one in Paris presented by the cute woman? Are you sure your vitriol isn't because this one's about baking? Fess up - you just hate cakes, don't you?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Pretty much this, in fact I would have had difficulty expressing it any better.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
A bizarre situation in many regards. If the BBC is adamant that Diana did nothing wrong, why did they decide to edit it in a way that so obviously implicated her. Once the programme had made such a 'story of The sabotage, why didn't the judges mention it at all at the end? That Diana woman acts like the typical older lady who seems nice but is actually all petty and passive aggressive.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
That Diana woman acts like the typical older lady who seems nice but is actually all petty and passive aggressive.

Wow, some sweeping generalisation there! A bit like "Muslims are typically all terrorists" or "Football supporters are typically violent thugs"

Do agree about the editing - although clearly designed to (successfully) stoke some coverage.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Bit naughty of the BBC, they edited it to look like the pudding had been left out for ages but it was only for 40 seconds so it didn't make any difference to the end product.
Bit of a shame really looks like they are trying to go down the X Factor route to drum up more publicity and trying to make the old woman look bad is a bit low , it won't be long before the contestants start coming up with sob stories, my dad loved this cake but he died last month etc etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here