Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you spend as much on catering at the Amex as you would like?

Do you spend as much at the Amex as you would like to?

• Yes - I get what I want when I want it

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No - I could spend more but the catering set-up doesn't allow me to

Votes: 151 79.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly, this thread is not for the following:

- Those who think the pies and pints are too expensive
- Those who don't understand why people can't go to football without getting something to eat or drink

If the catering at the Amex has little interest to you for any reason, move on. There are other threads for you.

This thread is for those who are happy to buy food and drink at the Amex when they're there.

To this latter group of people I ask: do you spend as much at the Amex as you feel you could or may want to?

I don't. I'm happy to spend money at the Amex but I find I am repeatedly thwarted:

- Food being out of stock at key times
- Queues being too long (particularly at half-time. If you leave your seat when the first half ends, and not before, you're not getting a drink.)
- No 'quick service' drinks options. I'm told there are still uber-expensive Fosters bottle stalls, but I've not seen one in the WSU, and there used to be beer backpack dudes, but they've long since gone.

We hear that more people at the Amex buy food and drink than at other grounds and we also spend more than most/all other fans. There seems to be back-slapping galore at this, complacency even. I would spend more if the club made it possible for me to do so. How about you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yup. I'd spend more if the service was more efficient. Don't bother getting a cuppa or food at half time like I wish I could as would either need to leave before the HT whistle or miss the start of the 2nd half and I prefer to watch the whole game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd probably buy a pie before most games but the queue always seems chocca so I tend to give it a swerve, probably get one about every 4th game :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'm fortunate enough to know that if I want to I can and would buy more but continually I find my path blocked by a lack of common sense, skills or technology or all three.

We're a group of seven season ticket holders in the WSU who due to a variety if reasons congregate at the AMEX around 14.05 for the last few pints and normally half our number want food of some kind.

If simple common sense applied - such as one person at all tills picking items, one operating the tills, or perhaps pre-pouring a larger number of pints in advance of known busier periods etc we would all easily probably consume a couple of pints more each per match at least.

The maths is simple and so much potential revenue doesn't get taken and it happens every week.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd spend more if I felt I was getting better value for what I spent. Is that allowed?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't always have time for a pint before the game - quicker staff/booze only queue/less f*ckwits buying stuff would help this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd spend more at half time if it weren't for the queues; I really don't care that a pint of Harvey's is 50-60p more. I'd probably get a pie as well if there was a shelf of something to out my pint on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes. Would have bought two pies on Saturday before the game, but they had 'none til half time' (NW corner). Had a look at HT and massive queue so binned it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do the caterers pay the club a certain amount per season and keep all the profits? or is there a profit percentage split with the club?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
some booths dont pre=pour ANY pints before half-time ! meaning an instant queue, which gets longer and longer and im sure some dont get served at all, or just give up

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd be more than happy to buy a sandwich.

Even if it was the quality you would get at a service station (compared to M&S)

I find football stadium food really odd to be honest and generally avoid it.

It's either "crap" (sorry) i.e. an overpriced burger - or insignificant and over priced i.e. a bag of crisps.

When I'm hungry because I've had a couple (or more) of Harveys, the last thing I want to go down is the grease route. A cheese roll will do me fine.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think only queues have prevented me spending as much aas i could. i tend to use the mobile Harveys pumps as the queue is shorter, which may have lead to not buying a pie. considering it can/is pre-poured, its takes a ridiculous time for some on the counters to do the simple act of entering till, taking money etc. whatever happend to the smartcards for non-season ticket holders?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here