Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beavers Nest Cafe - Coombe Rd c1980

Anyone remember this 'den of iniquity' (sp?) ? Pool tables, old lags, underage drinking/gambling/smoking. Pinball, space invaders, asteroids etc. the guvnor Fred Beaver was quite handy in his day and so were his sons (although they were always friendly to us young ins, I was only about 13) Never heard of the family or the place since. always think of it when I hear Breaking Down The Walls Of Heartache (B side to Geno) as it was the only song on the juke box worth 10p

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm a bit older than you but I remember that place as I lived just up the road, I did go in the cafe a few times and remember that Fred was 'not to be messed with'.
It wasn't the cleanest of places.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I used to work just up the road in a warehouse and often we would slip off down to the 'Beavers'. Seem to remember they did fantastic great thick door wedges of toast and marmalade ......

All seems a long while now though

Christ you are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this thread. What's next "who remembers buying their school uniform at Potters"

**** off you dry lunch, I'm only having a Bellamy moment, just because you were more interested in what was up girls skirts than what Fusey scored on Space Invaders doesn't make you a better person! Anyhoo, you having a good hol? There's a match next weds v met plod.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
**** off you dry lunch, I'm only having a Bellamy moment, just because you were more interested in what was up girls skirts than what Fusey scored on Space Invaders doesn't make you a better person! Anyhoo, you having a good hol? There's a match next weds v met plod.

Chant for that match Doc

The bill, it's just like watching the bill. :D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sounds not overly dissimilar to the Horn of Plenty in Prospect Place, Worthing, very early 80s, think it closed around 85/86.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here