Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones appointed Assistant Manager

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia has confirmed his first-team coaching and medical team, with Nathan Jones as his assistant manager.

Jones steps up from the role of first-team coach, with that position being filled by Joaquin Gomez – who has worked with the club’s academy and was part of the first-team coaching team last season.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ackroom-team-1882284.aspx#GY4uBYjLZaBSvvut.99

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hyypia said, “I’ve been really impressed by Nathan and Joaquin since I arrived at the club – both are very good technical coaches. They are also extremely driven to succeed and very hardworking.

“They have shown me in the past two months that they are more than capable of filling these two position and that we have the right coaching credentials here already at the club.

“I’m delighted they have both accepted and now I am looking forward to working with them”

Looks like we're getting Fulham's doctor from 1st September when the German one leaves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I didn't even know the name of our previous assistant. Was he more of a ghost than Graeme Smith between the posts or am I just a bad fan?

Hyppia is impressed. Will the Jones critics be silent?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Well done to Nathan. I believe he was a big part in any success we had last season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shame to see the Dr leave

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Good for him, clearly he's impressed since Sami came in. I've no doubt that the anti-Jones movement will be along shortly to blame him for any bad signings, disharmony or dodgy weather.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What confused me was this bit:
Meanwhile Adam Brett has been appointed the club’s new head of medical services – replacing Helge Riepenhof who leaves the club on 1st September. Riepenhof is replaced by Dr Steven Lewis, who will join as club doctor from Fulham on 2nd September.

They've both replaced the one guy?

I didn't even know the name of our previous assistant. Was he more of a ghost than Graeme Smith between the posts or am I just a bad fan?

Hyppia is impressed. Will the Jones critics be silent?

Well, the previous assistant was Sammy Lee. We have been without one since he decided not to join us. Last season, Oscar's assistant was Nathan Jones.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Good for him, clearly he's impressed since Sami came in. I've no doubt that the anti-Jones movement will be along shortly to blame him for any bad signings, disharmony or dodgy weather.
Yeah that impressed that he wanted fat sammy as no 2...Just a cheap option as the club don't want the welsh xxxxxxxx leaving.

Mod edit. Unacceptable language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here