Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Face recognition cameras/software used by nightspots to root out the nawty?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was wandering up West Street last night, and saw Wahoo were doing all drinks for two quid, and the Arse were just about to begin the 'demolition' of Besiktas on Sky, so I popped in for a pint. An old mate turned up about five minutes after KO, and said he'd been accosted at the door by security, and had his picture taken, while holding up a one of his plastic cards in shot, to attach his name to his face ???

It seems this is to deter serial aggro merchants, who will be instantly recognised at the door of any national nightspot via internet link, and refused entry...

Good idea, abuse of civil liberties, or an opportunity for knuckledraggers to put on disguises when going out due to the blacklist ???

Wodja fink?

Jan 30, 2008
I was wandering up West Street last night, and saw Wahoo were doing all drinks for two quid, and the Arse were just about to begin the 'demolition' of Besiktas on Sky, so I popped in for a pint. An old mate turned up about five minutes after KO, and said he'd been accosted at the door by security, and had his picture taken, while holding up a one of his plastic cards in shot, to attach his name to his face ???

It seems this is to deter serial aggro merchants, who will be instantly recognised at the door of any national nightspot via internet link, and refused entry...

Good idea, abuse of civil liberties, or an opportunity for knuckledraggers to put on disguises when going out due to the blacklist ???

Wodja fink?
when's it going to start at the Amex

Jan 30, 2008

Wodja fink?
when's it going to start at the Amex ???
regards
DR

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was told there are 43 video cameras in the ground with the sensitivity to read a text on a mobile you might be holding :eek:

Not sure about FR capability, but I should imagine it is/will be installed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here