Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton Channel? What?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What's this new Brighton based channel I am hearing about?

Starts tonight at 6pm? Channel 8 on FV.

Albion news every night?

Sounds good. What's going on?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Has that not launched yet? I've been hearing about it for years! Good luck to them. One can usually replace the word "local" with the word "crap" in most phrases and have it make more sense.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It is great oppertunity to showcase the city's media talent and has the potential to lead the way in regional tv. Also it promises to give a lot of coverage to the Albion.

It has the potential to be tacky and amateurish but IMO if any city is going to succeed in these newly launched regional channels its Brighton and Hove. Also if they get the coverage of the Albion right and are given enough support from the club it could be a pretty effective way of connecting with the current and potential fanbase.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I plan to tune in and have a little look at what it's like, but I'm not expecting much. At all.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'll definitely dip in to see what's happening.

On a side note, South Today have finally started reporting on Brighton matches :O

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If there is even the slightest WHIFF of Fanshawe, I'm out.

And frankly, this whole thing reeks of it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If there is even the slightest WHIFF of Fanshawe, I'm out.

And frankly, this whole thing reeks of it.

The self-appointed Official Spokesman for Brighton & Hove, you mean?

How VERY dare you.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Latest TV - it's going to be extremely rubbish. They do have Albion connections so there will be club content from time to time, but generally it will just be amateurish community productions & adverts.

Some of the Albion stuff they've done already is rather good.

http://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/2014/08/20/albion-beam-back-test-raises-over-10000/
http://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/category/tv/sport-tv/

this is what they promise

Latest Sport will feature all things Albion, including Matchday from The Amex on Saturdays. Every Monday night we bring you Albion Night with full coverage of youth and women’s games and great Albion games from the past. The Albion star players will also becomeTV stars. Gordon Greer will be as familiar as Gary Lineker. Jay, Joseph & Tim will cover every sport in Sussex as well as play most of them!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Some quotes from the large one's link :

"Turning Hollingbury into Hollywood!

Broadcasting on Freeview Channel 8 and Virgin 159, as well as on demand online [Wot. no Sky??]

Latest Sport Latest Sport will feature all things Albion, including Matchday from The Amex on Saturdays. Every Monday night we bring you Albion Night with full coverage of youth and women’s games and great Albion games from the past. The Albion star players will also becomeTV stars. Go"rdon Greer will be as familiar as Gary Lineker. Jay, Joseph & Tim will cover every sport in Sussex as well as play most of them! -

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I watched their trailer this morning, as the channel is on Virgin 159. I think they will need some time and a more enthusiastic reception than they have received on here so far and who knows, some of their stuff could be worth watching.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Some quotes from the large one's link :

"Turning Hollingbury into Hollywood!

Broadcasting on Freeview Channel 8 and Virgin 159, as well as on demand online [Wot. no Sky??]

Latest Sport Latest Sport will feature all things Albion, including Matchday from The Amex on Saturdays. Every Monday night we bring you Albion Night with full coverage of youth and women’s games and great Albion games from the past. The Albion star players will also becomeTV stars. Gordon Greer will be as familiar as Gary Lineker. Jay, Joseph & Tim will cover every sport in Sussex as well as play most of them! -

Who's Gary Lineker?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The self-appointed Official Spokesman for Brighton & Hove, you mean?

How VERY dare you.

thatslife7-199x300.jpg

*shudder*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here