Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Switching broadband provider

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Thinking of switching my broadband fron Sky to BT mainly to get the free BT sport. Is it an easy process and do I have to deal with sky or do BT carry out the switch and notify Sky? Thanks for any advice.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Contact Sky first who may need to give you a MAC code (code to switch providers but not always needed). Then sign up with BT and provide the code if asked, BT will then manage the switch and give you a date when you will be connected. Usually there should be no gap when you're without service also.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'm with Virgin, want to move to BT but need to keep my virgin.net E;mail address. Is it like changing mobile phone providers where you can transfer your address like you do with your mobile number? I'm suspecting not.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm with Virgin, want to move to BT but need to keep my virgin.net E;mail address. Is it like changing mobile phone providers where you can transfer your address like you do with your mobile number? I'm suspecting not.

I was in EXACTLY this position last Novemeber - BT told me it might be possible, Virgin said no chance.
It is a bit of a pain changing all over to new email address and virgin are still sending me [into my inbox] but the out-going stopped almost straight away.

Very happy with BT - the installation engineer was superb, relocating my master box to the loft to support the extensions I had put in. Its run fine [and fast] ever since.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Very happy with BT - the installation engineer was superb, relocating my master box to the loft to support the extensions I had put in. Its run fine [and fast] ever since.

I've been very happy with BT too, they even phoned me up a few days ago to check if I was getting the best deal. My bill has been reduced by £4 a month and I've got the new HomeHub 5 in the post, without me complaining or threatening to leave :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just out of interest.

If you leave Sky, can you keep your Sky email address?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here