Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPad cracked screen

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My mini ipad screen has cracked....no idea how as it hasn't been dropped or heavy objects put on it.

Any recommendations for a replacement screen carried out Shoreham way

TIA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think there'sa place on the industrial estate along by Fishersgate Terrace in Portslade that replaces broken iPhone screens. I'd assume they could do iPads as well.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Go to the apple shop in Churchill square. They may be able to fix it or even replace it for free, if you are still in warranty.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Go to the apple shop in Churchill square. They may be able to fix it or even replace it for free, if you are still in warranty.

The 1 year warranty only covers mechanical breakdown, rather than accidental damage (unless additional insurance has been taken out with Apple). It's going to be difficult to argue that a cracked screen is mechanical breakdown. If the screen had simply stopped working, and had no visible damage, that would be a different matter.

Going on past experience for both points.

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
I have used ipadrepairs.co.uk which I think is the same company that Easy 10 is referring to in Fishersgate. Prices for a cracked screen start at £62. If you are technically minded then you could also lookup how to do it yourself, but it's pretty fiddly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks for the replies....re apple repairs under warranty... They won't replace the screen under the guarantee but they do replace the whole 'unit'at a cost of £230...cough splutter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here