Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse or Tex?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Of our two loanees, João Carlos Teixeira & Jesse Lingard... who do you rate the higher? IMHO, I think our Tex has started far brighter than Jesse and has fantastic potential...especially on the goal trail. Can Liverpool take him back in before the end of the season?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Tex by a long way. Jesse was good but doesn't have that spark that Tex seems to have when he is on the ball. He makes things happen and looks a brilliant prospect

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
On early evidence (and it is still very early) I think Teixeira is likely to make the greater impact for us whilst he's here.

That being said, I had a lot of time for Lingard and I do think he could be one hell of a player a bit further down the line.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Even taking into account the fact taht Jesse was playing in a more conservative *ahem* team, Tex is just way, way better. More exciting, more impact, more dangerous, more end product.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No he is ours for the year.
Tex just seems to have that ability to find space an have time on the ball. I think it years to come we will talk about a world class player that we were lucky enough to have for a year

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Way too soon to tell. The fact that Lingard started the first game of the season for United should speak volumes on his potential...even if they are now rubbish. With game time under his belt here this season Tex could well develop into a first teamer for Liverpool next year.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Tax by a mile. It says a lot that he was breaking into the Man U first team despite the gap in quality between the two...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have only seen Tex play once against Bolton, he seemed to be very good on the ball and got involved a lot more in the game. However he did drift out of the game before he scored his goal. I think over the course of the season we will see him develop and he looks like he will be a key player for us.

Lingard on the other hand, started off fairly quietly and was fairly inconsistant much like the rest of the team, he didnt wow us with any mazey runs or dribbles but there was clearly a player in there. unfortunatly he didnt make any real impact to the team that stood out but thats not to say he wasnt a good player for us.

If Tex continues as he has done he will be miles apart in any poll which is made at the end of the season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Teixeira. That said, I suspect he would have struggled in Oscar's system (with the defensive requirements) and Lingard would have performed (even) better under Sami than he did under Oscar.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Tex has certainly made more of an immediate impact. Lingard did well for us and has a bright future ahead of him but on early evidence, T'Shearer is going to be the better player.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Way too soon to tell. The fact that Lingard started the first game of the season for United should speak volumes on his potential...even if they are now rubbish. With game time under his belt here this season Tex could well develop into a first teamer for Liverpool next year.

says that Man U are now Pony. However a do think Lingard is a decent player, but Tex is on a different planet.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Teixeira. That said, I suspect he would have struggled in Oscar's system (with the defensive requirements) and Lingard would have performed (even) better under Sami than he did under Oscar.

This as well. Lingard's performance wasn't helped by the turgid style we played.

Lingard and Tex in the same team, now there's a thought!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Similar in statue but Jesse was knocked off the ball far too easily at times and only started to look better right at the end of the season whereas #textshearer has hit the ground running

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think Lingard well suffer from having played in a setup not suited to his ability. I think he would have thrived in this team, and equally I think Tex would struggle in Oscar's team

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
JL is a good player, but didn't have the immediate impact JT has had. IMO this is mainly down to all the sunshine that was blown up JL's arse at ManU that was impeding him until he made more of an effort, rather than a lack of ability.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Tex will be Coutinho's understudy next season. In regards to Tex or Jesse on what we have seen so far I'm much happier with Tex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here