Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are the trains so F******** W*nk

chatstandnorth

Apr 21, 2014
I had to get somewhere for 10, and had to change at wivlesfield, the next thing I know, the two trains that would have got me to Wivlesfield in time for the connection were F*******ing cancelled because of a SINGlaling problem, surely they could just delay them instead of cancelling them, and surely a signalling problem can be sorted quickly FFS, so I've had to cancel GRRRRR!!!!, also the icing on the S***t cake is that the only way to leave the station was to put my ticket through the F******ng barrier, meaning that I essentially paid for a journey I didn't F****** do because the trains are F***** sh*te.

As you can tell I'm slightly miffed...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had to get somewhere for 10, and had to change at wivlesfield, the next thing I know, the two trains that would have got me to Wivlesfield in time for the connection were F*******ing cancelled because of a SINGlaling problem, surely they could just delay them instead of cancelling them, and surely a signalling problem can be sorted quickly FFS, so I've had to cancel GRRRRR!!!!, also the icing on the S***t cake is that the only way to leave the station was to put my ticket through the F******ng barrier, meaning that I essentially paid for a journey I didn't F****** do because the trains are F***** sh*te.

As you can tell I'm slightly miffed...

what train requires you to change at wivlesfield?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
For a decade + I managed to a station before 7am after my alarm went off at 6am.
What time did yours go off?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If your train is delayed 30 mins + you can claim a rebate on ticket. Google "delayrepay" for more information.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For a decade + I managed to a station before 7am after my alarm went off at 6am.
What time did yours go off?

Getting to the station in time doesn't appear to have been his problem - rather that the train operator was unable to get to the station on time, or indeed at all.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Germany and Japan will give you a "certificate of lateness" which you can present to your boss if your train is delayed by FIVE minutes or more......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delay_certificate

A train is only considered "late" if it's delayed by more than 30 minutes in the UK, ridiculous really. This particularly annoyed me last week when my train rolled into Brighton station 28 minutes late (or should that be 28 minutes on-time?)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cancelling trains cuts out delays affecting other services, causing less disruption but either way its sh*t for passengers regardless.

Also, why go via Wivelsfield if you wanted Lewes ? There is only 1 train an hour to Lewes from there, opposed to Brighton where there is 5 trains an hour to Lewes, so you wouldnt have been as delayed.

chatstandnorth

Apr 21, 2014
Cancelling trains cuts out delays affecting other services, causing less disruption but either way its sh*t for passengers regardless.

Also, why go via Wivelsfield if you wanted Lewes ? There is only 1 train an hour to Lewes from there, opposed to Brighton where there is 5 trains an hour to Lewes, so you wouldnt have been as delayed.

because both ways I would have been late

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
because both ways I would have been late

But surely running via the station with more services is better than going via a tiny station with 1 train which if cancelled, further delays you.

But then hindsight is a brilliant thing. If you were advised via Wivelsfield by station staff, then they need a slap.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A train is only considered "late" if it's delayed by more than 30 minutes in the UK, ridiculous really. This particularly annoyed me last week when my train rolled into Brighton station 28 minutes late (or should that be 28 minutes on-time?)
I think '28 minutes over estimated time of arrival but totally not late, shut up it isn't' should be how it is officially reflected.

This morning there was a power problem at New Barnet which resulted in all of the trains between Kings Cross and Cambridge running late. Rather than just running them c20 minutes late (not the end of the world, given that there is one every 15 minutes or so at the major stations through the morning rush hour), some utter EEJIT decides that it makes more sense to f**k the provincials in the arse and turn the stopping train into a fast train, resulting in me standing on the platform waiting for a train for 45 minutes. BARSTEWARDS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here