Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Charlton

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Where the bloody hell do you start !!!

Multiple choices in almost every position.

---------------- Stockdale -----------------
Calderon ---- Greer --- Dunk ------ Bennett
------------------ Bruno ---------------------
------------ Holla --- Gardner ---------------
------------------ Texiera --------------------
----------- Baldock --- Colunga -------------

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With the amount of midfielders we have available I'm not sure Bruno still needs to be in the middle, and whilst not a massive fan it would be harsh to drop CMS. It's quite a (nice) conundrum for Hyypia :)

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Holla
JFC - Gardner
Baldock - Tex
CMS

Lots of players had 120 minutes on Tuesday night, so time to rest a couple. JFC was the pick of our central midfielders (not saying much), so he retains his spot.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
-------------- Stockdale ---------------

----------- Greer ----- Dunk -----------

Calderon ------- Holla --------- Bennett

---------- Bruno ----- Gardner ---------

--------------- Texeria ----------------

--------- Baldock --- Colunga ----------

Would be tempted to swap Bruno for Caskey too.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Holla
JFC - Gardner
Baldock - Tex
CMS

Lots of players had 120 minutes on Tuesday night, so time to rest a couple. JFC was the pick of our central midfielders (not saying much), so he retains his spot.

It's hard to pick a team as we have so many options now but this is the line up I'd go with. If also leaves us with a potential bench of:

Angerkren
Hughes
Bruno
Crofts
Lua Lua (if fit)
Colunga
O'Grady

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Where the bloody hell do you start !!!

Multiple choices in almost every position.

---------------- Stockdale -----------------
Calderon ---- Greer --- Dunk ------ Bennett
------------------ Bruno ---------------------
------------ Holla --- Gardner ---------------
------------------ Texiera --------------------
----------- Baldock --- Colunga -------------

You just CANNOT start without CMS. He's obviously coming back to form...it could badly mess with his head if he was dropped to the bench. See how he goes in the first half and then bring on either Baldock or Colunga should he not go well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You just CANNOT start without CMS. He's obviously coming back to form...it could badly mess with his head if he was dropped to the bench. See how he goes in the first half and then bring on either Baldock or Colunga should he not go well.

I would agree with you on that, but so far Sami has thrown in the new signings, and Baldock is match fit

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

Think you are being a bit dramatic here.

All players are perfectly aware it's very much a squad-based game these days. Players are used to being rotated, and that certainly includes CMS. I'd imagine he'll be keen to make an impact from the beginning or the bench and hope he starts in the next match. Any footballer who teeters on a breakdown because they're not in the starting XI every week really should choose another career...unless it's Ronaldo, Messi etc...and let's face it, they hardly represent the stereotypical Championship player do they?!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
....................Stockdale
..............Greer (c)....Dunk
Calderon....Bruno....Holla....Bennett
.......Texeria....Gardner.... Baldock
.......................CMS

Subs: Ankergran, Hughes, Chicksen, Ince, McCourt, Colunga, LuaLua

Something like that! You could easily swap Bruno for Crofts, Ince or JFC. Then drop on of our starting RB's to the bench. Bruno has been really good in midfield though, and covers well when Calderon pushed forward (which is Sami's system). So I'd be tempted to keep Bruno there!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Think you are being a bit dramatic here.

All players are perfectly aware it's very much a squad-based game these days. Players are used to being rotated, and that certainly includes CMS. I'd imagine he'll be keen to make an impact from the beginning or the bench and hope he starts in the next match. Any footballer who teeters on a breakdown because they're not in the starting XI every week really should choose another career...unless it's Ronaldo, Messi etc...and let's face it, they hardly represent the stereotypical Championship player do they?!

and CMS was 'rotated' on Tuesday. Given how well he played v Bolton, he should keep the shirt. I would have Baldock on the bench and play Colunga and Teixeira in the front 3. The back 6 pick themselves in my view (Stockdale; Calderon; Greer; Dunk; Bennett; Holla) and I would go Crofts and Bruno in midfield. Only issue remains defending set plays so I would not be averse to Ince or Gardner replacing one of these in centre-mid.

PG

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
-------------- Stockdale ---------------

----------- Greer ----- Dunk -----------

Calderon ------- Holla --------- Bennett

---------- Bruno ----- Gardner ---------

--------------- Texeria ----------------

--------- Baldock --- Colunga ----------

Would be tempted to swap Bruno for Caskey too.

Must then use CMS as sub then, wasn't Bruno MOM last week so you are right to include him - fantastic to have the problem of who to include for a change!

:ascarf:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here