Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drunk driver kills 2 boys. Dad kills drunk driver. Swift justice served.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A jury has cleared a Texas man of murder in the fatal shooting of a drunk driver who had just mowed down and killed the defendant's two sons.

David Barajas, 32, and his family wept with relief as the verdict was read on Wednesday, while the family of the dead drunk driver sat in stunned silence.

Mr Barajas had faced up to life in prison if convicted.

Jose Banda, 20, ploughed into Mr Barajas and his sons in December 2012, killing 12-year-old David and 11-year-old Caleb.

more here... http://news.sky.com/story/1325835/dad-acquitted-of-killer-drunk-drivers-murder

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Good, that's justice.

Actually reading the report its not as clear cut as that and the father is a **** as well.

A Texas man has been cleared of the fatal shooting of a drunk driver who had just mowed down and killed his two sons.

David Barajas, 32, and his family wept with relief as the verdict was read out on Wednesday, while the family of the dead driver sat in stunned silence.

Mr Barajas had faced up to life in prison if convicted.

Jose Banda, 20, ploughed into Mr Barajas and his sons in December 2012, killing 12-year-old David and 11-year-old Cale
The brothers had been helping their father push the family's truck, which had run out of fuel on a dark rural road outside Houston.

Prosecutors alleged that an enraged Mr Barajas returned to his home near the crash site to fetch a pistol, then came back to shoot Banda.

But the gun used to kill Banda, who had a blood alcohol level twice the legal limit at the time of the crash, was never found.

Gunpowder residue tests on Mr Barajas' hands, meanwhile, were negative and there were no witnesses.

Investigators testified that ammunition from a .357-calibre gun was found in the accused's home.

They told the court that a bullet fragment found in Banda's car could have come from such a weapon.

Following his acquittal, Mr Barajas told a news conference: "I am relieved but still in pain.

"My two boys are dead and nothing will bring them back."

The prosecution strongly defended its decision to charge Mr Barajas.

District Attorney Jeri Yenne said they "would never present a case against a person we did not believe was guilty".

Defence lawyer Sam Cammack said Mr Barajas had been too focused on trying to save his sons to think about killing Banda.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Doesn't solve anything and won't bring his kids back.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Really? So whats squirrel logic?

Squirrel_Logic_by_Aceotaku.png

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What's wrong is that because the driver is drunk, he would have not got life for murder, yet the man who killed him would have. And yes it is acceptable to kill a murderer in the right circumstances in societies eyes. If someone had just killed my two children senselessly, I would feel like doing the same thing, that's the difference people can understand in situations like that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Heart says yes,good for him,but my head thinks otherwise.God bless America where the good guy with the gun is King.

There was no evidence to say the father killed him. The prosecution said the bullet fragment could have come from a similar gun, but that's all.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Pal of mine had a plan a while back. Nothing against I.o.W. but for arguments sake clear of inhabitants (other land masses are available) and move all convicted murderers/paedos/sickos/killers etc etc for a 'survival of the fittest' camp where the last one standing after they have all bu&&ered each other senseless gets summarily blown up by say Mr Blobby.
Would beat Celeb Big Brother anyhow

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
An eye for a eye makes the whole world blind. Who are we to condemn murder by dishing it out as a punishment?

This whole subject is a sticky situation because on one side you have the people who back the guy for killing the drunk driver and you've got the side that would rather have him rot In jail. Either way I'm staying out of the subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here