Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The long game

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Is it not possible that we willingly risked/sacrificed six points short term, in order to establish the best team possible for long term success throughout the remainder of the season, in the hope our overall performance as a result; if successful (value for money) will more than make up for it. Leicester didn't need the six points they lost to us last season.

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Nonsense. The club will have been working as hard as possible to complete these deals prior to the Sheffield Wednesday match.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
They will of course have initiated the signings prior to season start (in most cases, should all the players have been our first choice) but they could've panicked, buckled to the pressure, and made much easier/poorer, less cost effective signings prior to the Sheff Wednesday game

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I don't think it was strategically looked at like this, it's quite simply the transfer window closes at the end of August and the season starts at the beginning.

We can only imagine how complex it is to conduct a player transfer, especially now agents are so heavily involved. I would imagine it's like trying to do a rubix cube with your feet, and just as frustrating!!

I think the team who have managed our transfer activity have done remarkably well, we are stronger than last season and we have a playing squad more than capable of competing in this league. I am confident we will be the best performing team out of those in our league that aren't getting millions in parachute payments, but I reckon we'll give some that are getting it a run for their money too.

I couldn't ask for more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here