Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current squad- who provides the width?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The full backs, like in every game this season. This seems to be Sami's style.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The fact it looks like the pitch has been narrowed should give you your answer

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The fact it looks like the pitch has been narrowed should give you your answer

Actually, is this right? I'm going on what the guy sat next to me said but looking at videos, I'm not so sure now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nope. Ignore me. Counted the dashes of the technical area on videos from this year and last year and it looks the same. Strange how you can make things look like what someone's told you.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
McCourt, Lualua and March are the natural wide players in the squad. However as said above, our style has changed so Calde, Chicksen, Bruno and Bennett will be the ones bombing up and down the wing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
O'Grady looks as though he might be quite wide. Holla too, now I think about it.

Holla? He'll be slap bang in between the centre halves dictating the play when in possession and breaking it up infront of them when out of it .

Only Stockdale will be further away from the wings than Holla

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People shouldnt get too bogged down on how this new 4-1-2-2-1 looks on paper, width will will come from the fluidity of the system.

The fullbacks will provide the natural width but the the 2 in behind the striker will also have licence to drift into wide positions as will the main striker.

This formation suits someone like CMS (and Baldock) to the ground as he loves chasing balls into the channels as well. Just look at his goal on Saturday, started from him getting possession on the left wing with the 2 in behind then drifting into the box to fill that space left by him.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Holla? He'll be slap bang in between the centre halves dictating the play when in possession and breaking it up infront of them when out of it .

Only Stockdale will be further away from the wings than Holla

I think you may have just been whooshed, though, to be fair, it was pretty obscure....

Never mind the length, feel the.....

:thumbsup:

On a serious note, it's the full backs, Kaz and Solly (if the latter two play), innit?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think you may have just been whooshed, though, to be fair, it was pretty obscure....

Never mind the length, feel the.....

:thumbsup:

On a serious note, it's the full backs, Kaz and Solly (if the latter two play), innit?

Its TOO early for whooshing people!! :rant:

:lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can't have been the only one who noticed Gordon out on the East Stand wing at one point against Bolton :lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I can't have been the only one who noticed Gordon out on the East Stand wing at one point against Bolton :lol:

That man was all over the place last Saturday, I thought I was hallucinating when I saw him whipping in that cross, and then to to top it all, his chest down and volley at goal at the South end, looked like a proper Centre Forward!

I was one who thought Greer was probably on his way out bet he looks like hes getting younger! :wozza:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Absolutely agree. Pack the midfield with creativity, have Bruno in midfield to drop in whilst the full backs overlap.

IMO that would be a bit of a waste considering how many genuine midfielders we have available. I think it's more a case of when the full backs bomb on , the central midfielder will drop and make a back 3?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
That man was all over the place last Saturday, I thought I was hallucinating when I saw him whipping in that cross, and then to to top it all, his chest down and volley at goal at the South end, looked like a proper Centre Forward!

This! I always love to see a Captain leading by example, and Gordon has been doing just that this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here