Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Advice ..... on London events.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So, I'm looking at taking my two sons to Charlie & The Chocolate Factory show in October. I plan to go for the evening showing so thought of spending some time in London ahead of the show @ 7.30. What should I do with them ?

Son 1 - 11 years old and very engineering like. Likes good food.
Son 2 - 8 years old. Very scatty, sports driven but likes 'cool' things.

Budget is very limited and I've considered the Natural History Museum as well as the Science Museum.

Anybody with advice on better places to go or even which museum is better ?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Imperial war museum. Lots of engineering for Kid A and loads of experience things like trenches and air raids for kid B

The day will leave a massive impression on them for very different reasons.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Imperial war museum. Lots of engineering for Kid A and loads of experience things like trenches and air raids for kid B

The day will leave a massive impression on them for very different reasons.

Great call - thank you.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So, I'm looking at taking my two sons to Charlie & The Chocolate Factory show in October. I plan to go for the evening showing so thought of spending some time in London ahead of the show @ 7.30. What should I do with them ?

Son 1 - 11 years old and very engineering like. Likes good food.
Son 2 - 8 years old. Very scatty, sports driven but likes 'cool' things.

Budget is very limited and I've considered the Natural History Museum as well as the Science Museum.

Anybody with advice on better places to go or even which museum is better ?

The natural history, the science museum and the Victoria and Albert are all next door to each other so there is no reason why you cannot see all. The NHM is very good with the animals/dinosaurs on show and the science is very good to have a go on some of the exhibits. The V and A may be a bit to boring for them. There is also the imperial war museum which is good for seeing tanks etc. Also the transport museum where kids get in free.

Found this link, may help. I never even knew about the bank of England museum myself.

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-t...useum/best-london-museums-for-kids?ref=mosaic

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Science Museum wee-wees all over the Natural History.

My 2 of similar ages and characteristics went nuts for the SM.
The NH looks tired by comparison.

Museum of London near the Barbican is also good, but I feel the Science and Natural History Museum would get the nod from me as they are next to each other in South Kensington. Lots of "hands on" stuff at the Science Museum.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you go to the Natural History Museum, work out when you're going to be there in the day and have a look on the website beforehand and see if there are any free exhibits you can prebook a slot for.

I was there last week and it was only by chance we'd checked the website the night before and booked a spot for the dinosaur exhibition. Meant we didn't have to join the stupidly long queue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here