Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood (BHA fans) on Soccer AM

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saturday morning, from 10am, Sky 1/Sky Sports 1. That is all.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Got their album today, and have to say it is brilliant. Not one bad song on it, really really impressed. Will be staying in the car for a long while I think!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Got their album today, and have to say it is brilliant. Not one bad song on it, really really impressed. Will be staying in the car for a long while I think!

Goes to show I know bugger all about music, I thought that they may have been a bunch of Albion supporting NSC posters.:ffsparr:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What's the context? What band is everyone talking about?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saw them at Reading Fest on Saturday, and their drummer occasionally sits a few rows in front of me at the Amex. Great band, getting big quick.

I sit a few rows in front of you then. Feel free to introduce yourself sometime!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Nope - it's just a 2 piece, but the drummer is a WSU sth and gets to games when he can. The singer isn't into footy at all.
Didn't think so. Vaguely knew him through high school/sixth form years and didn't strike me as the football type.

Mad how big they've gotten in the past 6 months or so.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Awful claim to fame; we share a lot of mutual friends who went to Worthing College and saw both of them out and about at house parties et al. Never bothered befriending them as I thought they were pretentious 'I'm going to be a successful rockstar one day' types. I was right, but in the wrong way. I actually saw Mike working at a guitar shop at Worthing arcades no less than 18 months and remember feeling a bit sorry for him.

Now he's about to go on tour supporting Pixies, my favourite band :nono:

For the record, I also think they're great.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Awful claim to fame; we share a lot of mutual friends who went to Worthing College and saw both of them out and about at house parties et al. Never bothered befriending them as I thought they were pretentious 'I'm going to be a successful rockstar one day' types. I was right, but in the wrong way. I actually saw Mike working at a guitar shop at Worthing arcades no less than 18 months and remember feeling a bit sorry for him.

Now he's about to go on tour supporting Pixies, my favourite band :nono:

For the record, I also think they're great.

:lolol: I enjoyed that little tale thanks. In a much more fleeting way I similarly saw a group of men walking down a street. 'Who the hell do they think they are??? A bunch of rock stars?' I guffawed to myself because of how they looked. A few seconds later it clicked that they were Muse and are indeed rock stars.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd never heard of them, but I really liked the track listed above (vaguely reminiscent of the Arctic Monkeys to me). I'll have to see if I can buy an 8-track of their album...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nope - it's just a 2 piece, but the drummer is a WSU sth and gets to games when he can. The singer isn't into footy at all.

Saw the Reading set on telly after the game on Saturday. Pretty impressive. Was trying to work out how the singer manages both lead guitar and bass guitar from the same instrument. Has he got some magic gizmo/foot pedal combo that lets him to do that?

Oh, and Chvrches were excellent also, on straight after Royal Blood.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Only just heard of them since reading this thread. I started listening to some more of their tracks. I really like them, album purchase today

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I love this band, saw them ar Glasto, chuffed that the drummer sits in the WSU I shall be looking out for him.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Saw the Reading set on telly after the game on Saturday. Pretty impressive. Was trying to work out how the singer manages both lead guitar and bass guitar from the same instrument. Has he got some magic gizmo/foot pedal combo that lets him to do that?

Oh, and Chvrches were excellent also, on straight after Royal Blood.

Yes, he uses octividers and chorus pedals etc. v impressive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here