Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stronger or Weaker

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
So if we look at how we finished last season are we better off now. I know it's early days but first impressions......

GOALKEEPERS

Lost- Kuschack, Breznovan
Gained - Stockdale

Verdict - Stockdales distribution could be crucial in Sami's system so gain for me.

DEFENDERS

Lost - Ward, Upson
Gained - Bennett, Hughes

Verdict - I think Upson has the edge on Hughes but in Sami's system Bennett could be a better fit than Ward. Level

MIDFEILDERS

Lost - Lopez, Orlandi, Buckley, Andrews
Gained - Gardner, Holla, Tex, Toko, McCourt

Verdict - We haven't seen too much of Gardner, McCourt or Toko yet, but potentially this looks a huge improvement to me. Gain

STRIKERS

Lost - Ulloa, Rodrigues, Hoskins
Gained. - O Grady, Colunga, Baldock plus CMS is virtually a new player

Verdict - different type of players but real options so definite gain

I still think we need a winger and possibly a centre half. I expect a move for Jordan Ibe on loan to add a different dimension and possibly another centre back. Interesting that Barber mentioned that we had done virtually all of our business before deadline deal, not ALL

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's basically a wash... which is more or less what anyone who thought about it would have said six weeks ago.

Are we going to walk the league? No.
Are we facing a relegation scrap? No.
Is it possible that the thundering herd of clubs between those bookends is largely interchangable in any given year? Yes.

That's why they make you play the games, instead of just looking at the Players In and Players Out lists.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here