Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-l229-1879751_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock has signed a four-year deal with Albion
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
18:37 27th August 2014
by Paul Camillin
He's a predator, instinctive in front of goal and his career goal record is excellent"
Sami Hyypia
New signing Sam Baldock says he cannot wait to play in front of the Amex crowd and is looking to pay back the faith shown in him by Brighton & Hove Albion.
Baldock, who signed a four-year deal with club today, has previous experience as a visiting player at the Amex for Bristol City and West Ham United, but is looking forward to having those fans on his side this Saturday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I have made two appearances here at the Amex before and it will be good to experience that roar backing my team rather than the opposing team. I just want to get the boots on and get out on the pitch. I am looking forward to getting started.
“I don’t think the move has been too much of a secret, it’s been in the pipeline for quite a while but finally over the line and I’m delighted to be here.
“It shows a lot of faith from the powers that be that I warrant a four-year contract and hopefully fans will get to see what I’m all about for the length of the period.
“I have had games to play so it was pretty difficult to completely switch off, but as soon as the interest came about, obviously it’s a massive club and I was excited to hear of the interest and I’m really pleased it’s happened.”

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

One of Baldock’s previous trips to the Amex came the 2011/12 season with the Hammers, a campaign where the Londoners won promotion to the Premier League and the striker is hoping to repeat that with the Seagulls.
He added, “There has been a big turnaround in the last three games in picking up victories. I’m not surprised to see that with the amount of quality in the dressing room.”
“Obviously doing it before with West Ham I managed to feel what it was like to be in a promotion-winning side. The quality we have got in the dressing room here, the size of the club, the facilities and everything about the place, I don’t think there’s any reason why we can’t be pushing up there.”
Meanwhile the 2013/14 League One top scorer believes his former employers could be returning to the Championship soon as he sent a parting message to his previous colleagues.
“They are a great bunch of lads down at City and there are some fantastic people at the football club. My first season wasn’t the best of memories, but my second season making me captain and ending up with the golden boot was fantastic.
“A lot of that is down to the manager and the players around me with the quality of service that they provided. I think they will be up there contending this season and I make them favourites to go up.”[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON
[/h]saturday 30TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BLACKPOOL
[/h]SATURDAY 20th september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff
[/h]tuesDAY 30TH september, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here