Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defending

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just watched the Swindon highlights - if you run down the middle we had two central defenders miles apart covering wing backs that were not back. It was so easy. I guess the midfield should be covering those central runs? We need to sort this system or else we will ship a lot of goals.

On the plus side - our goals were all well taken!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just watched the Swindon highlights - if you run down the middle we had two central defenders miles apart covering wing backs that were not back. It was so easy. I guess the midfield should be covering those central runs? We need to sort this system or else we will ship a lot of goals.

I saw the same against Bolton. I think we will just have to score quicker than we let them in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well the best performing defender so far this season wasn't playing last night, so perhaps you could just put it down to that.

I'd assume Greer would be back in on Saturday, hopefully with the also excellent Dunk. No reflection on Hughes, who hasn't done a lot wrong so far, but I do want to see Dunk get a real go and continue to improve.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
It did seem they were able to run right through the middle from the half way line to our area with ease. Kasim was immense though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here