Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn- wages 120% of turnover at 2014 year end

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They also thought you couldn't get relegated from the Premier league. Think they are in for a rude awakening over FFP if they think penalties won't be enforced. Blackburn's owners are total incompetent clowns.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"...the club is still solely reliant on their benevolence for existence."

If I'm not mistaken the entire point of FFP was to prevent this kind of situation from occurring, wasn't it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does that make it sensible that they refused to sell Jordan Rhodes for 12m, since he'll give them a better chance of reaching the premier league like they need to, or stupid for turning down 12m, because he doesn't improve their chances all that much?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They appear reliant on the parachute payments and that FFP penalties will not be enforced...
Are these the figures that the League calculate/use for FFP calculations?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11434515._/

I think they have to submit accounts which cover the football season , beginning of July 13 to the end of June 14. El Pres will confirm one way or another as the NSC oracle of financial dealings within the world of football.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I sadly think they may be right about FFP punishments not being enforced. We couldn't compete with the wages they offered Conway so they don't seem to have any intention of changing the way the club is being run.

"...the club is still solely reliant on their benevolence for existence."

If I'm not mistaken the entire point of FFP was to prevent this kind of situation from occurring, wasn't it?

Really? The entire free market model of English football is built on rich owners, would be nice to think there would be some way back from that, and more towards the German model of member owned clubs, but we are talking about rolling back decades of going down that wrong road.

FFP seems to be more about protecting the owners of rich clubs at the top of the pyramid from being challanged by lesser clubs with rich owners, a kind of monopoly protection

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bit stupid not to sell him. They will have a transfer embargo soon and will have to sell to comply with FFP in order to get it lifted. He won't be worth £12m then, much much less. In fact why would a club bid for Blackburn players now anyway, they will be cheaper in January.

Genuine questions.
Is the transfer embargo only on players coming into the club?
Will they be allowed to sell players?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Genuine questions.
Is the transfer embargo only on players coming into the club?
Will they be allowed to sell players?

And its not an "embargo" in the strictest sense of the word. However, they will need the permission of the FL before any deal can be done. If it is in the financial best interests of the club (eg a like-for-like, one OUT + one IN, that results in a profit or lower wage bill) then the FL will probably be inclined to approve it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Really? The entire free market model of English football is built on rich owners, would be nice to think there would be some way back from that, and more towards the German model of member owned clubs, but we are talking about rolling back decades of going down that wrong road.

FFP seems to be more about protecting the owners of rich clubs at the top of the pyramid from being challanged by lesser clubs with rich owners, a kind of monopoly protection

What a bloody sensible comment. It would certainly explain why FFP was constructed in such a way

Unfortunately there are too many that think that observing FFP makes a club sustainable when in fact it's gagging much needed "investment" (and yes I do use the word loosely) in those clubs that might be able to attract it in a sensible way

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
FFP will never ever stand up in court, how can it? Is it not up to you or I how I run my own company, if I can afford to support and subside it so be it, if I decide not to any more then it will likely go into admin/liquidation but the way the laws are set, especially in the UK is to allow entrepreneurial-ism and if it goes wrong then you can wind up a company with as little impact on the owners as possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here